Chapter 5.

-Stay safe deary and visit sometimes, Droplet and I took a liking to you." as she says that smiling the kitten meows loudly as if agreeing. You stood outside of Ms Ebory's door, you were very late to your friend's place but at least you got some information on that key. Well the info was to not use the key at any cost.

-Thank you Ms Ebory, I just have two more questions..." you look into her greyish blue eyes.

-And what might those questions be Y/N?" she asks calmly.

-.....How do you know my name, Ms Ebory? And how do you know that I have a key?" you didn't remember ever mentioning your name to her, nor any key.

She chuckles a bit, the same blue flash appears in her eyes. Petting the cat she looks at you.

-I can only say now that I'm just a normal old lady who knows some things. Wisdom comes with age you know."she thinks for a bit" oh silly me ! I forgot one thing ! Wait here." she rushes away from you and a few minutes later she returns with a card" As for knowing your name you dropped this at the store! " She hands you the card, it was your ID card.

-So that's where it was ! Thank you MS Ebory!" taking the card you smile. 

-You're welcome deary, now off you go ! The rain has stopped during our chatter, you're safe to go." Ushering through the door she leads you outside, it was already pitch black, you guessed that it was almost midnight.

-Your friend lives nearby right? " 

- Yes she actually lives across the street.

-Well, nobody should bother you, but just in case be on the lookout! I'll also stay here until I see you enter through the door." 

Saying goodbye you venture towards your friend's apartment. The old woman reminded you of your grandma, she always watched out for you, even when you took some candy without permission when you were small. Your mother would scold you to no end but hiding behind grandma always helped.

You enter through the outside door into the flat and press the elevator button. Waiting a bit and not hearing any movement of the elevator you decide to climb the stairs. Your friend lived on the sixth floor so it was sort of a hassle to climb all those stairs. At least each floor had lights and you didn't have to blindly climb.

Already passing the fourth floor you were almost there. 

-Aaaaand I'm!.... huh?" you stare confused at the door that should be your friend's.

-Her flat number is 21, but why does it show 12? " thinking that you weren't paying attention to the floors you start climbing more. But no matter how much you climbed the number was still the same. 

What was more disturbing apart from the never ending stairs was that the lights, when you looked down to the previous floors, were turning off

What was more disturbing apart from the never ending stairs was that the lights, when you looked down to the previous floors, were turning off. Soon you would be engulfed in blackness. Scrambling up the stairs, adrenaline starting to pick up, you start running up the stairs in fear. On the way, you took side glances at your right and left and noticed that shadows have elongated, as if reaching for you.