Where Was Her Watchful Samurai When She Wished

Before I begin this chapter, I want to let you know that this is thee chapter. The one that let's readers know what happened to Ren. Be warned that it is... in my opinion gruesome. I wrote it in a way so it's not as descriptive or scary as what I was thinking, so hopefully it isn't too bad for any of my readers.

Well I think it's time you guys know the backstory. Enjoy :)

_______________________________________

I stood on a small bridge, staring at the water, my mind drifting to my time in America.

~Flashback~

Alright. First match of the day, and thankfully it was a simple easy one. It was a fun one between a boy and myself, no referees no spectators no anyone. It just ended up that way. I was practicing, he came in and got excited and insisted in playing a practice game with me.

I had just won. I walked forward to shake his hand when I tripped on my lace. My face decided to have a conversation all up close and personal with the floor.

BOY:"Hey! Are you alright??"

I heard him run towards me and I looked up to give him a nod when his jaw dropped to the floor.

I guess his jaw also wanted to have a up close and personal talk with the floor.

BOY:"you're a girl!!"

My eyes widened and I lost the ability to breath; like how people lose the ability to speak when in front of their crush... but mine was more life threatening.

What do i do, what do I do, what do I doooo???

BOY:"will you go out with me?"

My eyes blinked once, then again, I stared blankly as he had positioned himself in a bow.

Maybe he was talking to the floor? I mean it looks like his lips are pressed against it...

BOY:"I've liked you since the moment I saw you play, please be my girlfriend"

He lifted his head and stared right at me. The heat raised to my face and steam blew out of my ears.

This was my very first confession. Since I've always been doing tennis I never got a chance to date a boy. I hesitantly nodded, unsure on how to even date. He got up from the ground with a smile and helped me up as well.

BOY:"Great! Let's go on a date on Sunday?-"

?:"Mallory! Where are you?!"

MALLORY:"I've gotta go meet my coach now but Sunday at 7pm in front of XXXXX, okay??"

I nodded and watched him run off. My heart was pounding against my chest and it wasn't because of the tennis match I had just played. I... I had a date... with an actual boy? Wowza. I absentmindedly packed my equipment and headed home to lay and think.