An Old Rival Motivates Him To Train

***3rd POV***

Ryoma arrived to practice an hour earlier. He was already sweating and panting by the time everyone else joined him.

Captain Tezuka stared, confused at the strange behaviour of the young member. He turned towards the rest of the member.

Tezuka: "why is Ryoma training so hard all of a sudden?"

Satoshi pushed through and past the regular.

Satoshi: "-ptain! Captain! Yesterday he met an old rival. They decided to have a match at the upcoming tournament... well I think they did..."

Everyone stared at the kid before opening their mouths all at once.

?:"what's his name?"
?:"what school does he go to?"
?:"finally this kid has a rival"
?:"wait for that mean he's lost before"
?:"I thought I'd never see the day"

The captain got irritated from the outburst.

Tezuka:"every be quiet. Or else I'll make you drink Inui's drink"

Inui appeared behind the captain with a glass filled with a purple, bubbly liquid. They all sweat dropped, as Inui grinned.

 They all sweat dropped, as Inui grinned

***Ren's POV***

I walked behind Sakuno with my hands stuffed into my pockets. She rushed out of the house early saying she wanted to give snacks to the team; I decided to tag along since I was already up and I was semi-worried about the kid yesterday. I didn't really give him a proper head to toe check. As Sakuno went straight to the members, I headed straight to a bench that was basically calling my name. Basically. I looked up seeing that the sun was glaring at me. What did I ever do to you?

When I was able to see again without a bright light making me blind, I was greeted by Ryoma staring at me.

Shit shit shit shit shit. Does he recognize me?? Crud!! Where do I hideee?? Stupid bench tempting me with it's emptiness. Okay. Act cool. There's no way my cover was blown. I am a master at disguises. No! I am the master of all masters of disguises. Here he com-

Ryoma: "Hey. Can you play against me? Everyone looks busy... and well you don't."

I was taken back.

Ren: "sure... but I don't have a racquet... so you'd have better luck with someone else.."

PLEASE. GO AWAY.

Next thing I knew, he had a hold of my hand and was dragging me to an empty court.

What is with him and grabbing my hand?? Never heard of personal space?????

Ryoma: "I need to get better. I don't care if you're inexperienced or an amateur."

I raised an eyebrow.

Did he just call me inexperienced and an amateur? Oh honey, I practically whipped your ass during our last match.

Ren: "okay... but I still don't have a racquet to pl-"

Before I could finish what I was saying, he threw a racquet at me. Thanks to my great reflexes, I was able to catch it. As soon as I held it in my hands, I wanted nothing more to hit him with it, but I loosened my grip and just gave him a smile. Getting worked up was never good for me when I played.

Ren: "you know what... I think you should have a match with Sakuno."

I passed her the racquet and walked away as she jumped in joy. My eyes glared at the bench as I grabbed my duffle bag from under it. I was taking out my irritation, from Ryomas attitude, on the bench that lost its place in my life. That's right I am shunning you out. I made my way up the hill to my usual spot, my bag became my pillow; i positioned myself in a way that I could lean back up and still get a full view of the tennis courts below me.

What a wonderful start to my Sunday morning...

TO BE CONTINUED...