19

N I N E T E E N

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

N I N E T E E N

Inhaling sharply, Clary glances up at the tall, metal building known as Jabba the Hutt's palace. It's a place she's grown to resent, all the more with it being Han's prison for the past year. She clenches her fist, following after Leia and Lando, both disguised as bounty hunters. Chewbacca stands near Clary closely, barking his complaints under his breath.

Reaching for the Wookiee, Clary grabs onto his paw, giving it a reassuring squeeze. Chewie glances to look at her, then whines. It has no meaning other than a sort of realization between the two. They had both gone through so much, and now they have to face their fears, all in order to get the person that means the most to them. Clary finds it kind of ironic; both her and Chewbacca have worked so hard to make sure Han was never taken by Jabba, but look at where they are now.

Leia looks to Clary and Chewbacca, then at Lando. After they all share a wordless exchange, Leia grabs onto Clary's arm, and then Chewbacca's. He whines in protest, but after Clary shoots him a warning look, he quiets down. Although Clary is also reluctant about turning herself in to Jabba, she trusts Luke more than anything, and this plan is the best one they've got.

After encountering Bib, who at the sight of Clary and Chewie, was so overjoyed that he could hardly contain it, he hastily led the group to Jabba's headquarters. All along the way, Clary feels her heart pounding loudly in her chest. She shuts her eyes, letting Leia guide her through the palace, unable to look at her surroundings. All she can think about is Han. All she can think about is how she should've been with him, that it should always be them, together, no matter what the circumstance.

She opens her eyes only when the sound of commotion grows louder. They are at the center of Jabba's palace, and Clary can see him seated in front of them. Her nose wrinkles in disgust as Bib obediently tells him the great news, and Jabba turns, eyes wide.

"I have come for the bounty on these two," Leia speaks through the electronically processed helmet, programmed in Ubese.

"Oh, no! Chewbacca! And Miss Clary!" Clary glances in the direction of the familiar voice to see C-3P0 standing near Jabba. The sight would have been funny to her, if not for the circumstances.

Jabba is quiet. The slug turns better to face the group, and parting his wide mouth, he drags his tongue over his lips, eyes gleaming as he studies his new prisoners.

"At last, the mighty Chewbacca and Baby Solo." He starts to laugh at the two, pleased beyond disbelief. Clary clenches her fists, trying her best not to break away from Leia and punch the stupid Hutt across the face.

Laughing loudly, he gestures for C-3PO to come closer. Obeying, the droid hurriedly makes his way over to his new master, mumbling worrisome things. Clary tears her gaze away from the sight to study everything else in the room in attempts to distract herself from what will happen. Leia follows in suit, and Clary's gaze lands on Boba Fett standing near the door. Despite wearing his helmet, Clary feels his cold gaze burning into her, and she turns away sharply, uncomfortable.