Chapter 10 ║ Intoxicated and Pancakes

ابدأ من البداية

"It's not that simple idiot," I replied.

"Then why not tell me why your own father was talking about his daughter like that," he voiced out.

"It's always been like that," I whispered. "Ever since she left, nothing's been the same. In fact what you've just witnessed is pretty normal."

"Normal?" Austin questioned. I nodded my head. Did he not just hear what I said? "Are you fucking serious? In what country is it normal for a father to call their child a fucking whore?"

"The U.S," I mumbled, thinking he wouldn't hear. However, of course he did.

"Don't play smart with me now. I could make this into a bigger deal than it has to be by involving the cops," he shouted which only caused me to widen my eyes in fear. "But I'm not going to," he finished, which caused me to let out a breath I didn't know I was holding.

"Thank you," I muttered.

"So tell me who is this she you mentioned?" Austin asked.

"My mother," I said. The mere thought of my mother made my heart cry out in pain.

"Where is she now, if she's still around?"

My head started spinning but I managed to speak out, "She left that man and I seven years ago." I closed my eyes, forcing the tears that were threatening to fall out back in. "Even since then, my father and I grew more distant and he, more violent."

"Violent?" Austin questioned as he furrowed his eyebrows together.

"Yeah," I whispered. "It's not the first time he hi-" Before I could finish my sentence, I felt myself lose consciousness. The last thing I could remember before everything turned black was the large hands holding me.

**************************************************************

When I opened my eyes, the first thing that caught my attention was the poster hanging above my head.

I jolted up awake, realizing that I wasn't in my room. That's when I noticed the guy sitting on a chair right across from me, staring directly in my eyes.

"Glad you're finally awake," he said, sarcastically.

I roll my eyes before I decided to question him. "Why am I here?"

He scrunched his eyebrow in confusion. "What do you mean? I brought you here last night," he replied.

"I know that, idiot. Why the fuck am I on this bed in what I'm presuming is your room?" I tried to shout but the throbbing pain in my head caused me to wince.

I hear Austin sigh before handing me a bowl. "Here. Drink this up. It's the best for a hangover," he demanded.

Hangover? I, now, furrow my eyebrows in confusion. Me, hungover? Impossible.

"Why would I be hungover?" I questioned as I stared at the liquid in the bowl.

Austin gave me a look. "Seriously?"

"What?" I asked him, trying to remain calm.

"Alyssa you drank my fucking bottle of alcohol. I didn't know you were such a lightweight to the point where you passed out," he yelled.

I stared at him in shock. No fucking way. Why would I do that? That's so unlike me. At that moment, everything started coming back to me. The events from last night started to become vividly clear in my head.

I smacked my forehead and winced in pain, "I can't believe I fucking did that," I whispered but I guess I was louder than I thought as Austin immediately responded.