Chapter 8║ Being a Hero is Painful

Guess who's back? Haha, I have a lot to say, so please read the author's note at the end. It's important!

But I'm pretty sure you guys want to read already, so I hope you enjoy. Also, warning, my writing gets worse every time I update and there may be many errors. 

not proofread/edited

  Chapter 8║ Being a Hero is Painful  

"Fuck," I screamed, as I felt the chill from the weight of the ice pack that touched the apples of my cheek and covered my nose.

I glared at him when I heard a chuckle escape from his mouth.

"Love, you shouldn't have gotten involved," he shook his head.

"Don't call me that," I sighed. I wanted to shout, but I didn't have the energy to do so.

"Want me to go back to hun?" he asked as a smirk gradually appeared on his stupid little face.

"God, Austin. Who the fuck let you in here?", I yelled.

"Honey, you left your door open. You can't expect me to leave a girl, with a bloody mess on her face, alone, can you?" He winked as I continued to glare at him.

I closed my eyes and let the ice pack do its magic, remembering how I got myself into this situation.

                     **************************************************************

I wave as Ashton turns around to walk towards his car. Before he could get far, we see a car pulling by next door. Jake and Austin walks out of the car. I see Ashton clenching his hands before I make eye contact with Austin. He smirks at me with a twinkle in his eyes. I look to see that Jake, too, is clenching his fists. Oh god, please don't start anything now. It's late. I'm tired. I don't want to have to see cops pull up because of a brawl.

Before I can drag Ashton into his car, he turns towards Jake. He starts stalking towards him and Austin.

"Oh shit," I mumble. Why does this have to happen now?

"You son of a bitch. I'm going to murder you," Ashton shouted. He went to grab Jake by his collar but before he could, Jake grabbed his hands and began to twist it.

Jake chuckled before looking to Austin, "This piece of shit is back to get his ass kicked."

Instead of laughing along and joining Jake like I expected to, Austin continued to stare at me. Was there something on my face? I shook my head. I shouldn't be worried about this now.

"I was held back before but this time we're not in school," Ashton said with a creepy smile forming. Who does Ashton think he is? He knows he can't beat Jake. Anyone with eyes can tell it won't look pretty for him.

Jake smirked, obviously fine with throwing a few punches here and there. "School or not, you're still going to beg for mercy."

I knew shit was going to go down at that moment. I pleaded with my eyes to Austin, begging him to stop the upcoming clash. I knew he understood what I was trying to convey with my eyes, but he decided to feign ignorance. Is he serious right now? There is about to be a death match occurring in front of his lawn and he acts like it isn't a big deal. Am I the only sane one here?

I decide I needed to speak some sense into Ashton's mind. The possibility of him actually listening to me is very slim, but it's worth a shit. I was about to tap Ashton but before I could, I see a punch being thrown Jake's way. My eyes widen as Ashton's fists come in contact with Jake's jaw. Ouch.