Chapter 10: Happy, but not ever after

Alright, nothing hurts, death is not as bad as people make it look.

"Ciara! Are you alright? Get a doctor, now" Dante says "Let me go, you piece of shit" Jasmine says, I frown as I open my eyes, didn't she shot me? "I SAID LET GO!" Jasmine shouts as Jimmy drags her out of the room "Ciara, love" Dante calls as he rubs my hair "I thought she shot me, I thought I died" I say "No, my love, Jimmy simply knock you down when he avoided you getting shot" Dante explains and I sigh in relief "Thank God" I say "Are you alright? Want me to get you a doctor?" Dante asks and I shake my head "I am fine, I do not need a doctor" I answer as I start to stand up.

"Are you sure?" he asks "Very sure" I answer "Love, I believe you should take my offer to bring a doctor" Dante says "Why?" I ask and he points at my pants; I frown as I look at the huge blood stain "Oh" I say as I blink a few times, what's wrong with me? "Barry, get a doctor, now, you sit down" Dante orders as he walks me to the chairs. This bad, very bad.

***

"Good news, Mrs. De Luca, you baby wasn't affected, but the bleeding is a warning, have you been under a lot of stress lately?" the doctor asks as he enters to the room, well, father sending the company to bankruptcy, again, Dante's return, my son ill and kidnap, Dante shot, I believe I have been under a lot of stress...wait, did he said baby? "Did you said baby, doctor?" I ask "Yes, you didn't knew about it?" he answers and I slowly shake my head "Well, Mrs. De Luca, congratulations, you are pregnant, as I said before, you are bleeding, because you are under stress, so please do you best to be calm, rest as much as you can, because another bleeding like this and you'll lose your baby" he says and I nod as I assimilate the news.

I am going to have Dante's child, again.

"You can not leave this room until tomorrow" the doctor says and I look at him "I have an ill son in the cardiovascular building and my husband was shot, he can not be alone, I need to be next to them" I say "Well, you will join them tomorrow, because today, you are going to stay here and rest" the doctor says as he writes down "But..." "Nothing, rest, Mrs. De Luca, I will come see you in a few hours, alright" he says and I nod, is not like he has left me a lot of options.

"Are you alright? The doctor didn't wanted to tell me what happened to you" Dante asks as he enters to the room **SIGH** thank you, doctor "Ciara?" he asks "I am alright, the doctor said that bleeding was warning, because I was under a lot of stress" I answer and Dante frowns "In other words, you are simply on your period" Dante says "Hmm no" I say "Then? Ciara, stop beating around the bush and tell me already what's wrong" Dante asks "I am pregnant" I say "Pregnant?" Dante asks and I nod in response.

Dante hurries to the bed and kisses me "Those are good news, Cara" Dante says "After all the news that we have receiving, this news are excellent" I say and he smiles "Enzo is going to have a little brother or sister" Dante says "How is he?" I ask "Let's not talk about it now" Dante answers "Just tell me, Dante" I demand "Doctor Riccardi says that she doesn't see a very positive future for Enzo, but that she is going to try a new treatment and hope it works" he says and I sigh as tears pile up in my eyes "Do not worry about Enzo, Cara, he will be fine, we just have to wait and see, my son is not going anywhere" Dante says and I sigh.

"Did the doctor told you how much time do you have?" Dante asks "No, he simply said that I was pregnant and needed to stay in here until tomorrow, because of the bleeding" I answer "I'll make an appointment with an obstetrician" he says and I nod.

"Do you know what this means, right?" Dante asks "What?" I answer "We have to get married, I do not desire Enzo to grow out of wed lock and my unborn child to be born out of it, both of them deserved to be recognized by me" Dante says "I know and I wouldn't desire anything else, but..." "Enzo" Dante says and I nod, he sighs, I grab his hands "I am sure our son wants to witness the moment his parents promise eternal love to each other" I say "I know he would like that too, but right now, we do not have clear when our son is going to be able to leave, so let's get married by the judge and then we do a ceremony for everybody else" he says and I sigh "Arrange everything, we will get married" I say and he kisses my head.

***

"Tell me more about his condition" I ask Julie "I am afraid Enzo has spent many years without treatment, which complicates things, if he had received any treatment in the past, he would be fine, but now, well, we are trying to find him a treatment, and I must say that we are not succeeding" she answers and I sigh "But do not worry, Ciara, I'll find it" she says "Thanks, Julie" I say and she nods "I'll leave you to rest and congratulations" she says and I smile "Thanks, Jules" I say as she exits my room.

I am not even going to ask how she found out, because I have the greatest news in the world, but my son, my Enzo is ill, and I can not be happy until someone secure that my son is going to get to see another day.