Chapter 8: Crossing Lines

I want to dedicate this chapter to @loridiv as an apology for taking so long to update.

ON THE NEXT MORNING...

"Mrs. De Luca, I need to have a word with you, please follow me" doctor Weber says, I frown "Is there anything wrong with my son?" I ask and doctor Weber sighs "Please, let's have this conversation outside" he says, he sighed, doctor Weber just sighed, and didn't answered my question, that could only mean one thing, Enzo's life is in danger "Mrs. De Luca, please come with me" he says and I nod as I follow him out of the room.

"What's wrong with my son, doctor Weber?" I ask "I am afraid Lorenzo's treatment has failed" he answers "What? Why?" I ask "Doctor Lee and I diagnosed that Lorenzo had a minor thalassemia, we also determined that a simple blood transfusion would be enough to treat the condition, but Lorenzo had another fall in, and this time his red blood cell count is lower than the first time, which means that Lorenzo's body is destroying the red blood cells faster with time, in conclusion, Lorenzo has another type of thalassemia" he answers "Which type of thalassemia?" I ask "Beta thalassemia" doctor Weber answers and tears pile in my eyes "Doctor Lee has decided to transport Lorenzo to a cardiovascular institution, there he will be able to do all the necessary studies and hopefully, offer Lorenzo the right treatment for his condition" he adds and I sigh "I am sorry to break this news to you in a moment like this, but it is imperative that you sign the transport documentation, so Lorenzo can be moved to the other institution today" he says and I nod "I will get all the papers ready, a nurse will bring them to you for your signature" he says and I nod again as he walks away.

My tears start to fall. This can not be happening to me, first, Dante with his crazy revenge, then, Lorenzo getting sick, followed by Dante gets shot, and my son having another fall in, what else do I have to endure to be happy? What other torture I must go through to finally reach happiness?

"Ciara" Mom calls as she hurries to me "What's wrong?" she asks "Enzo, Mom, I will lose my baby" I answer "Why you say that? Ciara, what happened?" she asks "He destroyed the blood cells given to him in the transfusion, he no longer has minor thalassemia, Mom, he has beta thalassemia, my son is going to die" I cry "But he has a specialist..." Mom goes silent as she starts to cry "I can not lose my son, Mom, I can't lose him, he is my baby, I can not lose Enzo" I say as I rest my head on my hands. I am pulled into an embrace, a very familiar embrace.

"Dante" I call as he hugs me "I don't care if I have to move the earth, everything will be alright, Enzo will be okay, we are not going to lose our son" he says and I gently return the hug as I cry.

"Mr. and Mrs. De Luca, I need to have a word with you" doctor Lee says, Dante kisses my head as he releases me, I clean my tears as we turn to face doctor Lee "We already agreed that Lorenzo is going to be translated to a specialized institution, after we run all the tests that need to be done, we will decide which is going to be next step, for the moment, I ordered another transfusion, hopefully that will be enough until we relocated Lorenzo" he says and we nod "I will be honest, I can not guarantee Lorenzo is going to survive, but I can guarantee I will do my best to make sure he survives" doctor Lee says and tears pile up again in my eyes "You are the best in the subject, Lee, if you can not do this, I don think there is someone who can" Dante says "Actually, I am moving Lorenzo to this cardiac institution, because the best doctor in the world of cardiology, doctor Julie Riccardi, she is going to see Lorenzo's case personally, and truly, if she can not seek for a treatment for Lorenzo, I doubt someone can" doctor Lee says and I sigh, at least he is trying to give me some peace.

"Doctor" a nurse calls "Ah, thank you, here are the papers for Lorenzo's relocation" doctor Lee says as he hands me the file, I open it and sign it without hesitation, I pass the pen to Dante and hold the file for him, he signs "A nurse will come get Lorenzo ready for his departure, in the mean time, I ask you to please look at Lorenzo from the glass, we do not want him to catch any disease, and worst his condition, once we place him in a sterile room, we will allow you to see him" doctor Lee says and we nod "I'll see you later" he adds and we nod.

Billionaire's Blackmailed Loverजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें