Chapter 5: Alright Past, Keep Them Coming

Dante enters Lorenzo's room "How is Lorenzo?" I ask "Lorenzo is stable, the doctor says that he responded very well to the transfusion, he is going to be in here for the night, and tomorrow, if everything goes well, he will be placed in a normal room" Dante says and I sigh relief **Mental Prayer** "Ciara" Dante calls and I look at him "We have to talk" he says and I sigh "Let's go to the cafeteria" I say and Dante doubts "You said it yourself, Lorenzo is not going to be up any time soon, I have been here since this morning, and I am kind off hungry" I explain and he sighs "Let's go then" he agrees and we walk out of the room.

Dante places the food tray in front of me "You got your food, now it is time for you to answer my questions" he says and I grab my sandwich "Ask away" I say as I take a bite of my sandwich "You have never been married?" he asks and I shake my head "Answer with words, please" Dante says, I swallow "No, I have never married, I have never been engage" I answer and Dante frowns "Do you have a sister, you never talked me about?" he asks and I look at him "What was your father talking about? I'm confused" he asks, I place my sandwich down "To be honest with you, I do not have any idea of what my father is or was talking about, at this moment I am as confused as you are" I say and he sighs "All I can say to you is that I do not have a sister, I have never been talked about arrange marriages, never agreed to one, and that I am extremely mad with your doubting me after I gave you my virtue, Dante" I say and he looks at me "Why did not look for me Dante? Why didn't you came to me? We could have talked about this, and maybe right now we wouldn't be in this predicament" I say and Dante sighs and rubs his face "I know, Ciara, I know, but what do you wanted me to do? The last thing anyone wants to hear is that the woman of his dreams is fooling around" he says and I sigh "Which meant that you never trusted me" I say and he looks at me "I have always trusted you, Ciara, but I have been in love before, and guess what? It has never ended well" he says "I thought you were different, but when I heard what you father said I believe you were just like the others" he says, I buff and continue with my dinner.

>>"Why you did look for me Ciara?" he asks and now is my time to get some answers "When I found out that I was pregnant, I did looked for you, I called and called, but you never answered, so one day, I was brave enough to leave you a voice message saying that I was pregnant and that I needed you to come see me as soon as you could, so we could talk about it" I start to explain "3 days later I left the message, I got a text message from you, asking me to meet up in a restaurant, that we were going to talk about the baby and everything else" I say and he looks at me "When I got there, your wife, Jasmine, received me, she told me that she was also expecting a child, but that your marriage with her was on the rocks that if I told you that I was pregnant, you were going to divorce her, so she asked me to keep quiet, not to mention that she said that you sent her to get rid of me" I say and Dante looks at me with his mouth wide open "Jasmine? Ciara, how do you know Jasmine?" he asks "I just told you, you sent Jasmine to get rid of me when I found out that I was pregnant and tried to reach you" I answer "Dante, are you paying attention to what I am saying?" I ask and Dante shakes his head, I sigh as I run my hand through my hair "This is becoming more complicated than I thought" I say as rest my head on my hands "After, I left you, I was heart broken, I couldn't believe that you would play me such a dirty trick, I was determined to forget you, so I finished my business in America and traveled back to my country" he says and I frown, what the heck is he talking about? "My father got in some financial problems and he didn't seem to find any solution to them, not even my company could help him, so he seek for the oldest trick on the book, marriage arrangements, he would find me a wife, daughter of a successful company owner, make the companies collide and save his company from bankruptcy" Dante says, I do not like the path this story is taking "I accompanied father to many marriage meetings, to see if we were lucky enough to find me a wife, but we weren't in luck, when one of my father's friends heard about it, he was in a dilemma himself, so in exchange for saving my father's company, I would marry his pregnant daughter, give the child my last name and raise it as mine" he says and I knew I wasn't going to like the path of this story "I agreed, so Jasmine and I started to go out on dates, to create the rumor that we were together, so when we got married it didn't seem to fixed, a few weeks later we were on our way to the altar" he says and I look at him "You got married with her" I say and he nods "So you did sent her to get rid off me" I say and he looks at me "No, Ciara, I did not sent her to get rid of you, I would never do that, how did she found about the message? I ignore it, but I did not sent her to get rid off you" he says and I sigh "Ciara, if I have heard the message, I would have come to see you, I would have responded, but never sent you away with no help, nothing, Ciara, you know me, you know I would never do such thing" he says.