Tracker

~Y/N's POV~
Shock spread all across my face.

He had to go through such a difficult and terrible time.

All alone.

But the worst part is, I hadn't even gotten the slightest hunch.

I had no clue.

"I dont know what to say. Im really sorry." Arranging my jumbled up dictionary, i finally spoke, trying my best to reassure.

"Its alright." His eyes welled up and his throat felt clogged. But that wasn't putting his strongly vulnerable self down. Immediately he sniffled, sucking all those tears of misery that he had let out, back inside, trying to cheer himself up. It was almost impossible to prevent myself from doing what my body did next.

Unintentionally, just as if my body did what it pleased or it didn't belong to me, my arms stretched out towards the weeping boy, my cold finger gently hovering across his cold, pale face. And then, sliding them underneath his eyes, wiping those tears that hadn't flown out in almost decades.

A buzz of electric shock made me flinch just as the tip of my finger touched my insanely handsome best friends eye bag, my hand immediately going back down to touch the bed we were resting on.

The feeling was so strange. Yet so pleasing.

His face spun to face mine in almost a jiffy, with his gaze searching for mine.

Eyes locked, hands Intertwined, cheeks flushing.

Indeed a very awkward moment it was. Yet magical. So,

So magical one would kill to feel it and witness it, even once.

"Uhm a-are you alright?" Breaking the awkward silence, calming the ver tensed up atmosphere, i asked, for the confirmation that he was really okay, and not jut pretending. "Yeah" His awkward lips now slowly curved into a gentle smile. "Now that you're back to being yourself."

A smile formed over my insanely dry lips as well, lowering my gaze towards the bed into thoughts of my own.

"How's it been for you?" His sudden question caught me off guard as i gently let out a 'hm?' as a request to repeat the statement. "How has it been for you?" He repeated.

"It was really hard to avoid you but at the same time, I didn't want to see you. At first, I didn't believe that you actually meant it but then i was sure that you did so i just kept on avoiding you until this happened." Finishing my explanation rather casually, i sat up rubbing the nape of my neck habitually.

"Well, avoiding you was NOT EASY AT ALL! I kept on wanting to see you and talk to you but I couldn't. I guess you dont make that easy for anyone. You really have conquered my mind y/n."

One thing wasn't really clear to me or my thoughts. Not clear in any context.

Was he suddenly being all nice to me out of friendship? Or was he plain flirting with me? No in between.
Was it a realization that im pretty much his only support system, his only partner in crime.

The only girl he had the opportunity to seal in his heart and throw the key to Alice's non existent wonderland. No matter what the relationship was, wether girl friend or sister.

But in the end, who knew? All that was left behind, was to simply live with suspicion and curiosity of what his structures of those sentences really meant.

And what they were really referring to.

"Im just glad we can be best friends like before." After all that striving, all that pain, my best friend was back and the need to confess it, express it, right face to face was no less than obligatory now.