Chapter 16 - Homework

Start from the beginning

She squeezed my hands softly and sighed, I could feel her giving in.

- "I don't want you to spend your money on me Harley. I want you to have your things." She said trying one last time.

- "I have everything I need grandma. Please accept." I whispered the last part.

She looked me in the eyes for a couple of seconds, but finally nodded.

- "Ok, I accept."

_______________________________________

Alix's P.O.V.

I spent most of my afternoon with June, I guess Liam had to take care of some things as well, probably buying some expensive gift for June.

I got Harley's gift from her house. While I was there, I searched for something online to give to Harley's grandma. After a bit of internet surfing, I think I found something she'd might like. I had to order it, but it was pretty cheap, so yeah.

When I got home, dad and Julie were both making dinner. I kissed both of them and went to my room to drop my things and hide Harley's gift under my bed.

I heard my dad call me after a few minutes and I got back to the living room.

- "What is it dad?" I asked when I saw him getting out the things to set the table out of the cabinets near it.

- "Can you set the table? Harley said she's going to be a bit late and she said not to wait for her." He said handing me some things already.

I smiled and nodded my head, but my worry for Harley returned. I just hope she's ok.

_______________________________________

When Harley finally got home, I was already in my room. I heard Julie say that she had leftovers in the oven and she went to her bedroom to drop her stuff and went back outside to eat.

After a few minutes I received a text.

1 new text message from Harley

Good evening babe, are you in your room?

I instantly smiled and responded.

Yes I am. I wanted to give you a welcome home kiss, but I guess it's impossible. Are the two of them still watching that movie?

I waited for just a few seconds before I got a reply.

I could use that kiss. And yes, they are. Do you still want to go out after I finish eating or are you tired?  We could cancel if you want to.

I definitely want to go out still, I want some time alone with Harley and, since so many people from our school are going out of town for the break, maybe we don't have to be as uptight as we've been.

Instead of responding I left my room and went to the living room. Harley noticed me before our parents and she smiled instantly, winking at me.

I returned both the smile and the wink and lifted a finger shortly to look at our parents on the couch.

- "Hey dad, can I go out? Some classmates wanted to celebrate the first day of Christmas break." I asked from a distance.

My dad looked back at me.