Hunger Games: Day Two - Part One

• Dedicated to To me ( As I made Banner )

Chance Lockarte's P.O.V:

'' Guys wake up!'' Yells Bell. '' We've got company.''

I jump to my feet, I'm still a bit groggy and I wipe sleep from my eyes. 

'' Look.'' Says Rhiannon. '' Pointing to the sea.'' 

'' Florence.'' I gasp. '' What do we do?''

'' We fight.'' Grins Bell and Rhiannon nods in agreement.

'' But you two are the only ones with weapons.'' I complain. '' What about us?''

'' We'll protect you.'' Smiles Rhiannon reassuringly.

'' No, she's right.'' Says Bell. '' The three of you should go hide. You won't be any good to us without weapons.'' 

'' OK then. Let's go.'' Says Poppy and I lead the way, her and Iris following close behind.

We run from the beach, the island was surprisingly big, when I saw it from the cornucopia, it didn't look like much but when you're actually on it, it's much bigger.

We step off the sand, and head past the line of coconut trees lining the shrubbery, we already scoured each tree last night for coconuts and found a satisfying amount. I think of the coconuts in my pack, along with the other stuff shoved in and it feels ever so slightly heavier. 

The three of us duck into a shelter we made last night. A small hand dug pit just deep enough to stand in, then we covered it with a small yet sturdy layer of grass, some twigs, palm leaves and hid it pretty well. In fact, anyone that was unaware of it's existence would walk straight past it. 

We peek over the edge, through the shrubs that surround us and about thirty meters in front of us, Rhiannon and Bell stand, weapons at the ready, waiting for Florence.

'' Oh shut up, I'm not telling them anything!'' Yells Iris angrily and both myself and Poppy jump in shock.

'' What?'' I ask in confusion.

'' Oh nothing.'' She replies, shaking it off.

'' No. It's not nothing. You have a gift. You can communicate with the dead. Share with us what they said.'' Asks Poppy.

'' Firstly, it's not a gift, it's more of a curse. My whole life, I've been shunned, cast aside, left out. People think I'm a freak. They think I talk to myself, when I'm really talking to their loved ones. Call it what you want, apart from a gift. Secondly, I'm not even sure you want to hear what these people are saying to me. Thirdly-'' She goes on, but is interrupted.

'' Thirdly, you're going to die!'' Screams Florence above the hole, staring down at us.

Poppy screams and I search the beach frantically for Bell and Rhiannon.  

I hear loud footsteps before I see anyone, but I hear a quick gasp for breath and a thump as Rhiannon spear tackles Florence through the air and they both land hard on the ground. Florence screams, only anger though, not in pain.

She swipes her dagger for Rhiannon and scrapes a gash across his face, drawing blood. He leaps up to his feet and jumps back defensively as she swipes her dagger towards him again. 

'' Don't run! Fight me!'' She screams at him as Bell helps us out of the hole.

'' I will. But stay away from them! It's me you want.'' Replies Rhiannon, trying to buy us time.

'' Don't tell me what I want! You're a brave boy, their puny, pathetic girls. They will be much more fun to kill!'' She screams and runs for Rhiannon.