Hunger Games: Day One - The Bloodbath

Bruno Chase's P.O.V:

I step onto the metal plate and a glass cylinder closes around me. For a second, the is nothing but it suddenly jumps to life and begins to raise me higher. The roof above me opens up and I am on the surface. The first thing that hits me is the cold, then the surroundings.Every inch of what I can see is covered by a thick blanket of snow. That explains the woolen fleeces we were given and the hiking boots.  

 I grin, Clarissa is beside me and Willow is beside her, we are together. To my other side, stands a nervous looking Lee Turner from Eight. I go back over the plan in my head, when the cannon sounds, Clarisse and I will sprint to the horn, whilst Willow picks off a few quick kills. We defend it as best we can until she joins us, keeping the other tributes away from the supplies.

I quickly scan the area surrounding the horn, I smile as I notice my sword on the side facing me. It won't be too hard to get. I look at the face of the other tributes, we all seem to have been put beside our allies, the twins are beside the two girls, Bonnie, Caine and Celia are beside eachother. Most of the others look scared, the young ones and probably won't last a day. Other faces though look determined, but also anxious, surely sixty seconds is up by now.

As if on cue, a voice beams loudly throughout the arena.

'' Ladies and gentlemen, let the second installment of the one hundredth Hunger Games, officially...begin!''

As the voice finishes, the cannon sounds and the other tributes jolt forwards towards the cornucopia. As I run, I take a quick glimpse at Willow, who has just gripped Alli by her hair and ripped her backwards, landing hard on the ground. She picks her up and wraps her arm around the young girls neck. I turn back, focusing on my task.

I reach the horn as the others do, I quickly pick up my sword and run side by side with Clarisse, who has a grip on her spear. Matthew Blake, the twelve year old from Five grabs a sword from the pile, and holds it feebly in front of me. I laugh, smash my sword against his, knocking it from his grip and he drops to the ground.

'' Please don't kill me.'' He sobs, starting to cry.

As I approach, he turns onto his stomach and begins crawling away. I stand my hiking boot onto his back, pinning him down.

'' Sorry, but it's kill or be killed.'' I say, and slice hard through the skin of his neck, not completely severing, but going deep.

I hear another screams all around me, fights and brawls going on everywhere. I see Clarisse fire her spear at a fleeing girl from Seven, the twelve year old, Lana. It impales her and she drops the small bag she was holding. She drops to her knees, coughs a bit of blood out her mouth, which drools down her chin and collapses. Her eyes turning dark, pupils dilating.

Willow is standing beside me, she has blood splattered across her face, and is grinning.

'' Oh good, my sai blades are still here. Good jobs Bruno.'' She smiles and kisses me lightly on the cheek. I blush nervously, this is hardly the time but I am embarrassed that that will be broadcasted on television all around the country.

Percy Jone's P.O.V:

We sprint from the cornucopia clearing, the four of us, in twos.To the west, there is a mountainous area. Between us we have two packs and a loaf of bread wrapped in plastic. We can use the plastic to drain some water. We jump over the stepping stones leading across the frozen river which streches along the south of the arena, opening up into a lake to the east, which is also covered by a layer of ice.

As we enter the forrest, I take a glance back, battles are still raging. I wince as Willow slices young Clyde's face with her twin blades, resembling long claws from this distance. He drops to the floor and she begins stabbing viciously at his gut. I turn, trying to forget the sight, but that along with many more to come will haunt me for the rest of my life, how long, or short it may be.