Chapter 18

When I told Taisho that his son was awake. He was happy but he grew ecstatic when I informed him that Sesshomaru remembered me finally. "What are you doing here still? Got to him you guys have much to discuss"! He said and rushed me out of the room. Slightly confused by his excitement I made my way back to Sesshomaru's room one of my guards following silently.

Arriving at the door I went to knock but before I could the door was opened and Sesshomaru had whisked me into his room. He buried his nose into the crook of my neck and held me close to his body. At first, I was caught off guard because I used to be treated coldly but quickly melted into him. I breathed him in and sighed contently. His chest rumbled and I knew he was just as content as I was. "I'm glad to have you back Maru".

I said softly into his chest, "Can you forgive me for how harshly I treated you"? He asked softly and I knew he felt regretful. I looked up at him and saw how sad his normally icy eyes looked. I smiled softly. "Of course I forgive you. How could I not, you're the one who suffered the most".

"I should be asking you if you can forgive me for leaving you". I confessed letting him know the burden I had been holding since I learned the truth. I looked away not wanting him to see the tears gathering in my eyes. He gently made me look at him. "In a heartbeat Kagome, in a heartbeat". He assured me in a soft tone I gave him a small smile even though a couple of tears fell down.

Why did he have to be so sweet all of a sudden? My heart couldn't take it. We searched each other's eyes silently. Suddenly a familiar sharp pain bloomed in my abdomen and I cringed.
His sharp eyes sight noticed this, "What's wrong"? He asked. "I ah, it's nothing major". I said trying to avoid the topic but he narrowed his eyes I sighed.

"It's almost my time of bleeding". I answered awkwardly and he nodded. "I heard that some females are plagued with lots of pain at these times". He said and I just nodded and winced again. "It seems your one of these females that suffers from this. Lay down and I'll get the healer".

"I'm sure she has something to help you. I don't want to see you in pain Kagome". There he goes being all sweet again. This man really was throwing me off. He helped me to the bed and left. Moments later he returned with a petite demoness.

"Lady Miko I've brought you some stuff to help with the pain". I nodded and thanked her happily. After she left Sesshomaru stayed a moment to make sure Kagome was comfortable then left. It's good to see the young lord back to his old self, well at least towards you my lady". Mizu commented and I nodded " I agree on Mizu, it's nice to have him back".