41

Melanie P.O.V

It was probably the next day. I don't really know. I'm stuck in a dark and endless place, for god sake. My nurse came in earlier today, she asked me questions, but guess what, I didn't anwser. She also left a radio, I'm assuming, playing. It played some nice songs which made me tap my fingers to them. I wonder where is Grayson. I miss him so much. I can't stand being trapped in here. The radio suddenly started playing James Arthur - Say You Won't Let Go. This song reminded me of Grayson, I don't know why. I felt as a few tears escaped my closed eyes. Didn't know I could do that. I soon heard the door creek open slowly and then close. The tears dried up and left a few stains on my cheeks.
"Hey, princess." Grayson's soft voice echoed through my ears. I felt as the pad of his thumb brushed against my cheeks. A smile crept onto my face from his touch.
"How have you been doing, my love?" He asked me, but I couldn't anwser. He grabbed a chair and sat beside my bed. He held my hand and placed it against his cheek. I softly caressed it. I felt a few tear drops make contact with my fingers. A frown came upon my face. I wiped his tears away and he kissed the back of my hand.
"I miss you so much, babygirl." He said barely above a whisper as a quiet sob escaped his lips. It broke me to hear him being this devistated because of me. A few tears rolled down my cheeks as well from his sadness.
"I brought Kiwi." He said in a sweet voice after a couple of silent minutes. A smile appeared on my lips as I felt Kiwi's light weight on the top of my stomach. I built up most of my strenght and lifted up my arm from my side to Kiwi's little body. I heard Grayson gasp a little at my movements making me smile. I then softly petted Kiwi's head as I felt him hit his tail against my leg. Grayson squeezed my hand as someone came through the door.
"Good day, young man." A male voice spoke to Grayson, cuz I ain't no young man.
"Hey." Grayson said as I felt him smile.
"How has she been doing?" The doctor asked.
"I guess, she's been alright." Grayson replied to the doctor's question.
"Well, I have some news, son." The doctor said in a kind of stern voice but not really. I heard Grayson gulp loudly. I lightly squeezed his arm in reassurence.
"Shoot." Grayson said to the doctor.
"Well, you see this?" The doctor said as he pointed to something.
"The oxygen and heartbeat machines?" Grayson asked.
"Yes."
"What about them?" Grayson askes again. Concern laced all around his voice.
"Well, if she doesn't wake up in the next week or so.."The doctor trailed off.
"No. You can't just unplug the machines." Grayson said getting angry.
"I'm sorry, but we can't keep getting treatment for her if she isn't going to wake up, sir." The doctor said as he sighed.
"This is so unfair. What if she might wake up just a few minutes before you unplug all of this! You just can't do this to her!" Grayson said, or should I say yelled.
"It's just the matter of time." The doctor said as he clipped his clipboard.
"How much time are you giving her?" Grayson asked the doctor with a sigh after a few minutes of cooling down.
"We'll give her 3 weeks. She still has time." The doctor said and I heard a door open and close, meaning he went out.
"Babygirl, I'm sure you heard all of this." Grayson said as he placed my hand on his forehead. I slightly nodded, but my nod was too weak for him to notice. A few tears were escaping my eyes now. What if I don't wake up in those weeks? What if I don't make it through? All of these not anwsered questions surrouned my mind. I knew Grayson was having a hard time also from the news he just recieved. I just knew from the sounds of his silent sobs. I could hear my heartbeat machine going a little faster than usual. Kiwi was letting out silent winces as he nuzzled his head into my hand. Grayson did the same with my hand that he was holding and not planning to let go anytime soon.

¤Lilly P.O.V¤

Me and my parents were rushing to the lady behind the counter. We were at the hospital Melanie was in.
"Melanie Rose." My mom said out of breath.
"And you are..?" The lady waited for my mom or dad to finish.
"Mom." My mom said. The lady nodded, told us which room she was in and we rushed to it. About a few minutes later we were there. We went through the door and tears were already escaping my eyes as I saw my big sister laying on the hospital bed, looking lifeless. Grayson was holding her hand as her other hand was wrapped around Kiwi's small body, lazilly.
"My poor babygirl." My dad cried out as he and my mom ran to the other side of her bed. They talked to Grayson for a few minutes. I stood beside the door. I was stiff. I was afraid to move any further. I knew if I would take one step closer I would break down completely. My hand were already covering up my bloodshot red eyes from all the crying. I finally built up the courage to walk up at the foot of the bed. Grayson turned to look at me and gave me a weak smile. I replied with the same week smile and we turned our gaze back to Melanie. After a couple of minutes of pure silence, Grayson spoke with his voice cracking.
"She has 3 weeks." Grayson said as a tear escaped his eyes and rolled down his cheek onto the white and grey hospital floor.

A/N
Hope you enjoyed the 41st chapter of this story. Sorry for any mistakes. Bye ♡