Kuroko Tetsuya x Reader - Vanilla Twilight

Requested by: TimidOtakuGirl

Song used: Vanilla Twilight - Owl City

-----------

~The stars lean down to kiss you

And I lie awake and miss you

Pour me a heavy dose of atmosphere~

You woke up on a chilly Saturday morning, missing someone else's warmth.

'How long has it been?' You thought to yourself. You looked at the other side of your bed and sighed.

"Ohayou, Kuroko-kun." you told yourself as you smiled at your own thoughts. You lay down once again as you reminisce your memories with him.

~'Cause I'll doze off safe and soundly

But I'll miss your arms around me

I'd send a postcard to you, dear

'Cause I wish you were here~

You didn't notice you fell asleep again until you woke up due to the sun's brightness that's been peeking on your half-opened curtain. You got up, did your morning chores, especially checking your mailbox every morning.

You walked outside and walked through the mailbox, you opened it and you found nothing. "I guess habits really do die hard." You walked outside your house and took a stroll.

~I'll watch the night turn light blue

But it's not the same without you

Because it takes two to whisper quietly~

As you were walking, you caught a glimpse of a couple being lovey-dovey to each other. You smiled sadly as memories flashed back to your mind.

·Flashback

You and Kuroko were sitting next to each other, leaning to each other while looking at the sky.

"[Name]-san." You glanced at him as he called you. You hummed as a response.

He looked and leaned at you, then whispered something in your ear. "I love you, [Name]-san." You were surprised because you know that Kuroko wasn't the romantic type that you know, but he's blunt and sincere when it comes to his feelings.

You smiled and whispered the same thing to him too. "I love you too, Kuroko-kun."

·End of Flashback

~The silence isn't so bad

'Till I look at my hands and feel sad

'Cause the spaces between my fingers

Are right where yours fit perfectly~

You continued strolling around town, letting your feet take you wherever you go. "It sure is cold." You rubbed your hands together as you stared at your hands, remembering him again.

~I'll find repose in new ways

Though I haven't slept in two days

'Cause cold nostalgia chills me to the bone~

·Flashback

"Are you cold, [Name]-san?" Kuroko asked you as he placed an arm around you and pulled you closer to him. You just nodded and blushed because he rarely does affectionate actions in public.

**

"K-Kuroko-kun..." You were surprised because he held your hand while you two were walking home from Seirin. He looked at you in the eyes.

"What is it, [Name]-san?" You just shook your head and looked down on your intertwined hands. You blushed upon seeing it as Kuroko held your hand tighter.

~But drenched in vanilla twilight

I'll sit on the front porch all night

Waist deep in thought because when

I think of you I don't feel so alone

I don't feel so alone

I don't feel so alone~

"[Name]-san, close your eyes." Kuroko suddenly appeared behind you and you felt warm and soft hands covering your eyes. You were walking to god-knows-where until Kuroko stopped walking which also caused you to stop walking.

"We are... we..." You gasped as you found yourself on top of a hill, with the city below with blinking lights that look like twinkling stars, only it was below.

"Wow..." You were amazed at what you saw. When you were about to turn around to thank Kuroko, you were taken aback when he hugged you.

"Happy First Anniversary, [Name]-san. Did you like it?" You were still surprised, tears streaming down your face as you pulled away from his hug and smiled at him.

"Best gift ever. Happy Anniversary, Kuroko-kun." You smiled at him as he leaned closer to close the gap between you with a kiss.

·Flashback end

~As many times as I blink

I'll think of you tonight (Tonight, tonight, tonight...)

When violet eyes get brighter

And heavy wings grow lighter

I'll taste the sky and feel alive again~

You stopped reminiscing as you felt tears streaming down your face. Good thing that you were alone at the bench you were sitting.

"I wonder how he is today?" You told yourself as you were walking back to your house.

~And I'll forget the world that I knew

But I swear I won't forget you

Oh if my voice could reach back through the past

I'd whisper in your ear:

"Oh darling, I wish you were here"~

When you get home from outside, you did your routines until it turned nighttime. You sat on your bed and took a picture frame beside you. It was a picture of you and Kuroko together.

"[Name]-san.." You heard his soft and mellow voice inside your head, calling your name.

"Kuroko-kun..." You trailed off, caressing his face on the picture. "I wish you were here."

As long as you love each other, distance is just a number. May it be meters or miles away. Or even between life and death.♥

-----------

MissOtakuGirl22's:

First of all, sorry for the late update! Been busy for a while 'cause school's approaching. :) And updates are gonna be slower but I assure you that I'll post all your requests. :) Also pardon my typos and grammars.

I felt rushed and pressured for some reason. I don't even know why. :/

So, brother and I argued (well, not really argued, oh well) about the interpretation of the song. He told me 'break up' while I told him 'LDR or maybe dead' so, this was the outcome. :3 I tried mixing up the three but my quote right there obviously favors my concept and the content favors the three.

TimidOtakuGirl, sis, I hope you'll like it. :) And sorry if this wasn't as good as what you gave me. And it's short. And also, readers, I hope you'll like it.

Plug XD For Filipino KnB fans out there, check out my story 'Mysteries and Miracles'. Thanks!

-----05/31/14  11:14 PM-----