Chapter 32 - Small Bottle Like Thing

Start from the beginning

My lips formed a small smile as I looked at him and Jacob started to smile too, his eyes sparkling.

“Are you...” He asked quietly, trailing off, and I nodded. 

“Yeah, if you want to-” I started but Jacob cut me off.

“Of course I want to.” He said, almost scoffing in disbelief that I’d think otherwise. Jacob started to come closer to me, putting his hands gently on each side of my face as he looked down into my eyes lovingly. “There’s nothing I want more.” He whispered, his warm breath tickling my cheeks. 

“Me neither.” I whispered and Jacob gave me a small smile before slowly coming down closer and pressing his plush lips against mine. We closed the space between our bodies and I wrapped my arms around his back, opening my mouth to give him entrance. He moved his tongue inside of me softly, tenderly, making me shiver from the passion of his deep kiss. I opened my mouth a little wider, taking in more of his mouth, and Jacob took my sign, putting his hands on my thighs and propping me onto the counter where I opened my legs for him to rest his body. I wrapped my legs around him, locking them and put my arms around his neck, pulling us close and deepening our kiss. Jake put his hand firmly on my thighs, causing heat to overtake me inside. 

We stayed there, close and locked in our embrace with kisses that left me panting, weak, but wanting more. Then I remembered something and pulled my lips away from him even if I honestly didn’t want to. Jake looked at me with confused eyes, causing me to chuckle as I bit my lip in amusement. 

“Food’s getting cold.” I said huskily, still recovering from our intense kiss. 

“Right.” Jake said, chuckling. He helped me off of the counter and set me on my feet. I looked around for the food, confused, until I remembered my mom must haven taken it when she left. 

We walked together to the table where my mom was eating as she watched Ava stroll around in her baby mobile. I chuckled at the sight. Jake and I sat in front of her and he immediately started to eat but my mom’s smirk as she looked at me kept me from digging into the food. She looked quickly at my lips then at Jake’s before bursting out in laughter. Jake looked in confusion at her, spaghetti hanging from his mouth. He slurped it into his mouth, leaving a little white sauce on his lips. Oh, God that looked delectable on his lips! I wanted to kiss it off. 

“What?” Jake asked and my mom laughed again before calming down, I looked warningly at her but she didn’t seem to care.

“Oh, nothing. How was the make out session?” My mom asked, smirking and I simply shook my head in disbelief. My boyfriend’s eyes widened in realization but he kept a straight face, obviously already used to her tactics.

“I thought it was pretty good. How about you, Ev?” He asked. My mom laughed whole-heartedly at him and I couldn’t help but laugh too. He was so damn funny!

“Oh, you know, I’ve had better.” I joked, shrugging. 

“Ouch!” Jake exclaimed, clutching his heart and feigning hurt. I laughed, glanced at Ava then returned my gaze to my laughing mother. 

“I’m kidding, babe, we should definitely do that again.” I said, honest this time as I winked at him. Jake smiled lopsidedly and returned the suggestive wink. I blew him a kiss which he caught and pressed to his lips.

“Oh, God, stop flirting! Eat. Now.” My mom said, laughing like an idiot. Jake and I high-fived, smiling victoriously.  

Then we started to eat and enjoy my delicious Italian creation together until almost all of it was gone, Jake having eaten most of it. 

“Damn, do you eat, Jake!” My mom exclaimed, eyes wide. 

“Got to stay strong to support my girls.” Jake said, grinning. My mom and I laughed then suddenly the house phone started to ring. 

“I’ll get it.” I said, getting up and taking the call.

“Hello?” I answered.

“Yeah, is it Evelyn?” A woman asked but I didn’t know who.

“Yeah, it is.” I verified.

“Well, I’m Kayla’s mom. She told me to call you because she’s gone into labor.” The woman said and I gasped.

“Really? What hospital?” I asked eagerly, smiling like an idiot.

“Jackson.” She answered.

“Alright. Thanks. I’ll be there soon.” I said, hanging up and going back to Jake and my mom who waited for me.

“Everything alright?” They asked simultaneously. I nodded my head excitedly.

“Yeah, everything’s fine. Kayla’s having her baby already. She’s at Jackson.” I said, smiling. 

“Oh, that’s great!” My mom exclaimed, happily and Jake smiled at me.

“Let’s go see her.” I said, taking Jake’s hand and dragging him out of the table while he laughed. “Come on, Ava.” I said, smiling as I went over to my daughter who giggled happily as she looked into my eyes.

“No, no! Don’t take her. She’s a perfectly healthy baby so she does not need to go anywhere near a hospital.” My mom exclaimed horrified. 

“Alright. So you’ll stay with her?” I asked.

“Duh.” She retorted, looking at me as if I was stupid. I rolled my eyes, chuckling. 

“Okay, well we won’t be long.” I said to my mom who waved her hand in a whatever motion and nodded her head. 

Jake and I were already walking to the front door. I got into the car, happy to see my friend and her little baby. Ava would have someone to play with soon!

_____________________________________________________________________________

Please VOTE! :D Evelyn is on the side.