29

Meera opened her eyes when she heard the alarm sound. She got up immediately and turned off the alarm. The time is about 4.00am in the morning. She slowly got down from the bed and went to the restroom. She finished her morning chores and a hot shower refreshed her body and her confused mind. She came out wrapping myself in a towel.

Drying her long hair using a towel, she looked at the bags, totally there were three bags. She opened the first open to find a Pattu saree along with its blouse that looked very attractive and costly. Along with it, there was about six saree in the bag. She didn't open it because there's no time to look at them.

Then she opened the second bag to find eight jewel boxes. Among them there's a small note in the big box, WEAR THIS. There's also a bangle box it contains a totally of sixteen gold bangles.

The third bag was a small one, it has only two boxes one contains an anklet and another one contain a ring. They looked so rich and beautiful.

She blankly stared at them, she doesn't want to wear these costly jewels but she half-heartedly did.

After wearing the Saree and jewels, Meera looked herself in the mirror, she saw a very different self of her. She looked beautiful but soon she brushed off her thoughts and neatly braided her hair. She didn't apply any makeup and placed a bindi between her eyebrows and finally got ready for the marriage.

That time Renu and Shanthi ma came into my house. Shanthi ma was perfectly ready.

"Wow, you're looking so beautiful, Meera," Renu excitedly said and moved near her.

"Meera, keep these flowers," Shanthi helped her in wearing the flowers in her hair.

"I lost the chance to see your wedding anyways congratulations, Meera," Renu said sadly and Meera nodded her head with a smile.

"Meera, is there any problem?" Shanthi ma asked me because of the very simple wedding.

"No, actually this decision is taken very suddenly and he doesn't want to make this big," she replied what she had in her mind at that time.

"Oh... okay Meera, even after your marriage you have to come here often. We are here for you," she said.

When they were talking someone knocked on the door, she looked who it was.

"Madam Vikranth sir send me here to take you to the temple?" the person asked.

"Yes, one minute we will come down," she said and he went down.

"I think we have to go,″ Meera said.

Shanthi nodded her head and they all came out. Meera locked the door and kept the keys in her purse. When they reached near the car she turned and looked at Renu. "Bye Renu, all the best for your exam," She said and Renu smiled brightly. "Thanks, Meera," she said.

"Don't forget to eat and after locking the door keep the keys in that cupboard," Shanthi said to Renu before they entered the car.

Meera felt so nervous when the car reached near the temple. She felt satisfied with what she is going to do now, she doesn't know why she had some sort of peace. It's not like she is loving to do this but she is going to end the things that were haunting her for the past three years.

In her life she never afraid of anyone expect Vikranth, even she is not afraid of his father. She doesn't why he is doing all these things to her, what he is trying to prove? She is having so many questions bundled up in her head and she wants to ask him, she can understand that he's hiding something. She hopes this marriage will solve everything happening in her life. The car stopped before the temple.