She got down and took a deep breath before walking inside. She sauntered looking down and at a certain point, Shanthi asked her to look up.

She lifted her head up and saw Vikranth. He's standing before her with a solemn face. He is wearing a traditional costume, a Pattu dhoti, and a shirt.

He smiled lightly when she went near him, but Meera didn't smile back. With him, there were two people one is Swathi and another person was his friend Arjun.

"Meera you're looking so beautiful," Swathi said and she smiled.

Her gaze slowly turned to Vikranth and she noticed he's looking her with a big smile on his face. Her heart again trembled in.

"Okay let's head inside," Vikranth said looking at Meera.

They all went to the place where they arranged for the marriage. It is before a god statue. The Progithar asked us first to pray the god.

She closed her eyes and the first image that came to before was my mom. Amma I am sorry for everything, I don't have another option so I am going to marry him. Bless me and I will try to live happily.

God, please don't make me suffer again, I don't have any energy left in me to fight against anything. I am all broken and this man I am going to marry, I don't know why I loved him but please don't make to lose myself again to him. I don't want to hurt him and I don't want to live with him but still, he's trying in all possible ways to make me be with him. I don't know where this all going to lead...but I don't want to love him back in any situation. Please god, give that strength to me.

She opened her eyes after requesting this to the almighty. Vikranth was standing before her and looking at her intently.

Progithar gave the flower garland to Vikranth. He bought that in his hands and looked Meera before coming closer to her to put that on her. She closed her eyes and tears welled in her eyes. Then he gave another flower garland in her hands. Vikranth smiled and bend lower so that she can put that on him. After that, the Progithar started chanting mantras. Meera felt so nervous and her tears almost came out of her eyes. Then Progithar gave the wedding chain to Vikranth. He looked so happy and seriousness filled his face. He didn't smile and came so close to her and reached out his hands to tie the knot. Meera closed her eyes and accepted him as her husband wholeheartedly. Even she if likes it or not, she will live with him and that is what her fate is!

Then the Progithar gave the sindoor to him. He placed that on her forehead. He looked at him, tears rolled down to her cheeks when she realized that she officially become his wife.

"Congratulations man," Arjun said to him.

"Thanks," Vikranth replied and smiled brightly.

"Congratulations Meera," Swathi said.

"Thank you," she nodded.

That time Vikranth's dad came to the scene, He looked them in disgust. There's no one with him and it is clear that he didn't like this marriage. Meera wondered what Vikranth did to make his father come to this marriage.

He moved to them in an intention to turn the mood hateful and they both bend to get his blessings. "No there's no need for that," he said coldly.

"You got what you wanted right!! But never expect I will leave you alone. For all these days I thought you're my son and you will follow my steps but you proved that it's my foolish," he said to Vikranth and he didn't care about his words and looked at the other side.

"Mark my words Vikranth you two can't live happily," he said looking at them.

It hurts to hear that and she looked down because it is very shameful.

"Will you shut up and go away. What did you say, we won't live happily? You mark my words we will live happily than anyone else in this world," Vikranth said loudly grabbing her hand.

Meera is surprised to hear that, but she didn't show that she is weak so she confidently looked at his father and he glared them and walked out because everyone was looking at the fight.

After a small silence,

"Don't worry Meera every parent will be like that," Swathi said.

Hmm, she nodded. "Meera," Shanthi called and looked at us.

"I don't know whether I can say this, please don't make Meera suffer. You two have to live happily. Your father will soon understand you both," she said. Hearing his father's vile comments, made everyone feel bad.

"Sure I won't make my Meera suffer ever again," Vikranth assured very confidently and his hand was still gripping Meera's hand. She tried to take away but he's didn't let her go. Arjun took some pictures of Meera and Vikranth. She smiled half-heartedly and Vikranth came back to his happy self.

Then they all headed to the nearby hotel to have their breakfast. That time only he left Meera's hand.

She had little food and she doesn't feel like eating.

They all headed to Vikranth's house. Meera hates to go inside, it reminded the things that she wants to forget.

"Take this Meera, this is my gift to you. Happy married life," Swathi gave a gift box to me.

"Thanks, Swathi," Meera said with a smile.

"Then Vikranth I am leaving," Swathi said.

Vikranth asked her to stay but she said that she's having work and wanted to see her father in the hospital so she went.

Then after sometime Shanthi also said that she's leaving, Vikranth asked her to stay for some time but she said that she will come later.

Arjun said that he will drop her in the house. Meera thanked both of them for attending the wedding.

He said no mention and call him if there's any need. Vikranth looked at their conversation in a not so caring expression.

Everyone left the house and it's only Meera and Vikranth. There's an awkward silence. He was sitting on the adjacent couch and she slowly removed the flower garland. But Vikranth already removed his and looking at her every action.

Meera hates to sit here with him and especially on this couch. "When we are going to my house I have to take my things," she asked him.

"We will go after, packing my things," he said.

She looked him confusingly why he wanted to pack his things.

"We are going to stay in a new house, that day evening I taken you right, there we are going to live," he said.

She didn't ask anything other than that, and he went up. After twenty minutes he came out with two big suitcases. He carried that outside. Then he again went up and taken some stuff in a bag along with his laptop bag.

"Come we have to go," he said and she went out with him.

He drove the car in complete silence. "Today I am sorry for what happened", he said hesitantly.

"It's okay, I can understand," she said and turned to the other side.