Chapter 1.5

The night before the siege, two people were chatting at the barracks. Wei Xi Yan was just bored so she decided to chat with Li Yun and Li Yun was callibrating his bow when the system suddenly notified him. They were sitted near the campfire, enjoying the heat and warmth provided by it to fend off the chilly nights.

---[ Host~, a part of your mission was coming here...He was watching... ]

Li Yun sighed. The crowned prince was staring at him these days but he just hid it behind his mind.

' Maybe, he was disgusted by my failed archery skills. He just wanted to noticed my wrongs then...what? Of course, hell punished me! Haha. Don't fudge with me, you cannon fodder! '

System:"...." You're also a cannon fodder~

" Li Yun, Xiao Ping was designated to the watchmen tonight. Will he be safe? "

Li Yun noticed the trace of worry plastered on the woman's face. He knew that even Xi Yan was a warrior, she was still a woman in her heart. The three of then were friends that enjoyed sufferings and rewards together, ah. It can be said that there's a pretty firm bond of friendship between them.

Li Yun reassuringly nodded towards her and he continued the flow of the conversation.

" The general's plan... It was a little faulty, right? "

Wei Xi Yan's eyes widen. She looked around them and made a sigh of relief once she noticed that no eavesdropper was around. She was afraid that they will be punished severely if Li Yun's offhand comment reaches the Crowned Prince General ! The stings of the newly open wounds touch by the water due to the abrasions and the sweat slithering to the blisters of their hands and feet was a great stimulation - a great stimukation for her to winced and for Li Yun to have muffled cry.

" How come? Better be quiet, Xiao Yun. Maybe, you're just tired, ah. " Wei Xi Yan poked Li Yun's cheek and a sigh escaped from her lips.

Li Yun taked note of her sigh while his mind was filled of the systems flirty countdown.

---[ Host~~, the target was using his art of concealment. He was now near to hear your conversation clearly. 10 meters~,9 meters~,8 meters-- ]

When the countdown reached one meter, Li Yun leaned toward Wei Xi Yan and with a soft whispering voice said:

" It was really faulty! If only he made the archers behind and the soldiers separate from the warriors... "

Wei Xi Yan eagerly listened and made Li Yun continue.

" With the art of suprise, the achers will lauch fire arrows at their campsite particularly their storage. The enemy forces will be alerted, their camp and formation will turned disarray. The confusion will lead the enemy general receive tremendous pressure, then our soldiers will launch their attack with their swords with the warriors behind them. "

" What if the enemy general handled the pressure? "

Li Yun smirked with Wei Xi Yan's questin. He knew that the lady will asked this and seek the system's opinion beforehand.

" Wei Jie, their camp will be on fire particulary the fodder storage for their horses. If they survive, there will be huge losses like people, hunts, weapons and importantly, the mounts! We should be the one who will attack first! "

Wei Xi Yan clapped her hand and with glee, laughed sweetly toward Li Yun but she suddenly stopped.

Ling Xiao was the eavesdropper that Xi Yan  most wanted to avoid, was hearing all of their chatterings from start to finish. He was a little tense then he relaxed because his future brother-in-law was not really a weakling. He might struggle in archery but the word struggle can't be labelled to his wise mind. He was rather impressed that Li Yun noticed his faults but a little angry because he hid this important information really...well.

Ling Xiao after hearing it, he contemplated then, he made the leader of each troop attend a strategic meeting with him in the same night.

In the morning, the strategy was relayed on each sodier , warrior, archers and also the man power such as cooks, cleaners, servants and many more except Li Yun. He was hidden in the dark because of the certain someone's order that he should stay at the hut.

Poor Ling Xiao, because of the system, Li Yun was still aware of it but pretended that he didn't know to suprise a certain general.Haha.

Li Yun's Plan B was progressing but the price was his friend, Xiao Ping,  being dead. He knew that even if  he decided to disrupt Xiao Ping from accepting the watchmen position, he will still accept it. And also, his death was seen with his very on eyes on the laptop. The metal armor was cracked and the blood was gushing out. The soldier rushed to the former Li Yun with a letter in hand. He grabbed it and gave to Ling Xiao but the general ignored it because of the chaos in the camp and the Crowned Prince General unknowingly set aside his chance to avoid his future demise. Li Yun was then ordered to rushed to the battlefield  to fight but in the end, he watched his comrades and friends die, one by one while stretching the bow's string holding and arrow with his bloodied fingers.

The contents of the letter were Xiao Ping's last words to his beloved wife and an important message saying:

<<<Li Yan was having an affair with the second prince who supported the enemy general. The spies we sent were already dead. The last one survived and the only information he have was this before his breath ceased. >>>

This was the suprise hidden element imbeded in the web drama. None of the people who watched the drama expected that the ignored letter that Li Yun insisted to gave to Ling Xiao was very important until it was revealed in the end.

Li Yun cried at that time. The general *cough* the Emperor Ling Xiao wore green hat all the time. If he only made a little time to catch the contents of the letter, maybe the wedding will not be held, Li Yun, his hidden admirer will not die, his throne will not fall to his b*tch wife and ungrateful little brother and maybe, he will have the time to discover that Li Yun was a gifted man as well who loves him till the very end of his life.

Ah....the regrets. Li Yun sighed. That time, he just looked at his curse as a sort of coincidence but afterwards he later realized that it was not a coincidence anymore. Haha... ~ Indeed, it was really a curse meant to the characters deserving them.

------♡