"ok..." she took another bite, "She went to a place called mag.. magnolia or magnolia or something" there was a ominous silence through the people, only Corrina made noise and that was a low whimpering, as if she knew she would be hurt for what was happening before her. 

"I asked what she was doing.. mummy said she had to have a meeting with someone called car-nar and the sundown corporation" Lily looked up at them with innocent eyes, not knowing what she was doing, not knowing her mother was wanted, a criminal, that the people that took care of her, even Axel where all bad-people. She didn't know any of this, and she'd always grow up being like this, believing these people where the right people, and that very one else was evil, bad and enemies. She would never know the truth if this continued.

Levy looked at Erza and nodded tensely. The red head nodded back, and turned with a sweet smile to Lily, her chin posed on her hands linked by her entwining fingers. 

"Lily dear, would you like to go see your mummy?"

Lily brightened and Corrina knocked her glass over, but know one noticed as she spluttered protests and threats.

"Really, you would take me to see mummy!?" She clutched the sleeve of Natsu's one sleeve jacket joyfully, one of her canines protruding against her lip as a massive natsu-like grin glowered her features.

"Of course" Erza's eyes fluttered shut as she smiled again, sincere kindness taking over. "Then you can meet our family, I'm sure your mum would love to meet them!"

"Yeah!" Lily jumped to her feet on the seat, "I'll go get my stuff!" she then ran off and down a hall, the excited slamming of a door was heard before Corrina's splutters became words of furry.

"you can't take Lily! Her mother will be devastated, she can't grow up with that around her!"

"but she already is" Levy looked at the baby sitter with sympathetic eyes, "our guild is full of good people, and we will take care of her the moment Star is in the custody of the council, I promise you she'll be safe!"

Corrina bit her lip and looked down as she rubbed her clammy hands on her pants, trying to rid of the nervous sweat. "bu- but"

Levy's eyes softened even more "you want what’s good for Lily right?"

"that's right" Erza joined, her eyes now serious as her eyes met with Corrina's, "FairyTail can care for her and she will grow up to be a strong, good mage"

Gray smirked, "you can guarantee her safety with us, she'll be surrounded by good-hearted people, girls to help her grow up and lots of men to protect her from the bad men out there"

"mind you" Natsu's grin plastered his face, showing his canines, making Corrina's eyes widened in realization. "She's perfect to be a dragon slayer"

The tears of undeniable certainty fell down her cheeks, Lily was going with them, whether she liked it or not. Because Corrina would do whatever it takes to make Lily happy.. and a good girl...

"Thank... you"

--------------

The ride to magnolia was a peaceful one, Lily had fallen asleep on Natsu's shoulder before the train even began moving, Natsu had been knocked out cold by Erza (who said she was putting him out of his misery) Gray too was asleep, Wendy was looking out the window with a conflicting expressions of sorrow, confusion and reluctance, Levy was reading a book and everyone else (including the exceeds) where sleeping soundly.

It was the middle of the night when they entered Magnolia station and woke everyone, heading to FairyTail. The cool night air whisked Erza's hair, the moment it settled she held out an arm for them to stop. 

"Do you hear it?"

everyone looked confused, especially Natsu who was carrying the still sleeping Lily on his back. 

"there's no sound Erza" Natsu looked at her questioningly but Erza's face remained impassive as she stared ahead at the blank road.

"Exactly... FairyTail is always still open at midnight.. and making alot of noise" 

That was when everyone's eyes went straight to the building they could see in the distance, there was no light in their windows except a stray window no one had noticed until now near the top of the building. 

a single person passed through the street, long blonde hair a ghostly pale, face hidden from view by a sudden gust, her clothes a simple white night gown.

"Erza who is that?" Levy muttered, but the figure stopped in the middle of the road, and the wind suddenly calmed drastically. 

her arm came up, fingers curling in a gesture telling them to follow. Then she kept moving.

"She wants us to follow" Gajeel spoke, breaking the silence as she vanished around the side of a building. he began walking after her, Happy being next to follow.

"Na-tsu" Happy turned his head, "i have a weird feeling..." 

"aye, me too Happy" When Natsu followed after the rest of the group did as well, Lily stirred and Natsu glanced at her contorted face, biting her lip nervously, but she remained asleep. 

the girl infront of them kept walking, every time someone got near who she magically got out of reach again, making everything even weirder.

The girl stopped suddenly, everyone following her hand the now pointed to a hotel, "please..."

Natsu strained his ears as her voice was too soft to recognize as anyone's "save..." then she lowered her arm and the ground began to swallow her up.

"hey! girl!" Gray went to grab at her, but her head disappeared under the stone walkway before he could snatch her. "dammit" 

then there was silence as everyone contemplated what just happened. 

"well that was creepy" Natsu raised an eyebrow at the place the girl left through the earth and then turned to glance at Levy. "Know what just happened here?"

Levy looked concerned as she watched the ground, and she moved her feet as if worried the ghostly hand of the girl would snap at her ankles. 

"n-no"

Gajeel watched her carefully, eyeing her movements. 

The group came in close and decided Gajeel would go to the guild with Lily and explain what was happening and at the same time make sure everything there was normal. Levy would stay at the front of the hotel and make sure nothing weird happened or the girl came back. then Erza, Gray, Natsu and Wendy would go inside, they would put Wendy at the elevator and the other three go up along with Happy.

The plan was executed and going well, the four best friends scanning each floor not finding anything out of the ordinary until the lift opened with a bing at floor 7. There was shouting and panic, and the four instantly started at a run down the hall. 

"Star, Star!" What they saw made Natsu's blood run cold. On the ground was a girl identical to Lucy, except she was on the ground, much like Lucy had been when she was tortured to death, and she didn't appear to be breathing.

"Lucy!" the name left Natsu with such practice and normality he hadn't even realized he'd said it himself until the whole gang's eyes where on him. 

"Who the hell!?" a girl with vibrant red hair jumped to her feet in a battle stance. 

"get out of the way!" Gray shouted and froze them all for a few seconds before the ice was melted by magic. But Natsu couldn't get past in time and was shoved back.

"What do you want?" Lex came to the front, standing with an impassive expression.

Erza too came to the front and the two leaders glared at each other, "we came for the blonde, Star"

Lex didn't move, "you can't have her, she is the second in command for my gang.. and besides.." Lex let a smirk slip. "What makes you think she'd want to go to you?"

"What's happening?" all eyes turned.