“Sorry, it’s rather personal. Thanks for saving me though,” I whispered softly, looking down at my hands. My fingers were beginning to turn blue, and I suddenly found myself shivering to the cold.

“You’re cold” the boy said matter of factly, the rain beginning to slow down.

I didn’t respond, I gathered the chattering of my teeth would be enough to answer him.

“I just moved in a couple of blocks away, you can dry off there,” the boy grabbed me by the waist and dragged me over towards a small red car. Nothing to flashy.

The car ride was silent; he didn’t bother with the radio as it was only a 5 minute drive.

We pulled up to his house, the moving truck that nearly hit me before sat in the driveway. The boy turned the car off and opened his door, before quickly asking me to follow him.

Doing as I was told I followed him into the house. The house was nice, although it was covered in boxes. We walked into the kitchen where he had a kettle and coffee set up.

“Coffee?” the boy asked, his eyebrow raised. I shook my head.

“No thanks, don’t really like coffee, do you have tea?” I asked shyly, playing with the wet hem of my shirt. The boy nodded and began making my tea how I instructed him to before he gave me a towel and directed me to the shower.

“As I just move in here I could be wrong, but just keep opening doors until you find it,” He chuckled softly before I walked out of the kitchen and embarked on finding the bathroom.

A few door openings later I found the bathroom and turned on the shower so it was steaming. Releasing myself from my drenched clothes I allowed myself to be absorbed into the heat of the water, and forgetting the reason why I was there in the first place.

Not wanting to waste water I jumped out after a few minutes and dried myself, however, when I went to grab my clothes I groaned in frustration as my clothes were still soaked through.

A knock on the door brought me out of my thoughts; clasping my towel tighter around me I opened the door, poking my head around it.

“Here, I found some of my clothes, since yours are soaked,” the boy handed me a black shirt and a pair of tracksuit pants.

“Thanks,” I smiled and grabbed the clothes, thankful that I had some warm clothes.

Not worrying about my bra or undies I shoved the clothes on, rolling the pants so they wouldn’t fall down and throwing the oversized shirt over my head. My parents were going to go insane when I walked home wearing these.

I walked out of the bathroom and found my way into the lounge, which was set up with a small couch and a flat screen TV stacked onto a pile of boxes.

The boy sat on the couch watching the game of footy that played a cup of coffee in his hand. He looked over at me as a friendly smile reached his lips. He handed me a cup of tea and I smiled gratefully, sighing peacefully as the warm liquid slid down my throat.

I sat down next to him, watching the T.V. the rain had stopped outside, and the sun was seeping through the curtains.

“Where are your parents?” I asked looking around, finding it odd that a boy no older than 18 would be moving into a house by himself.

“Out,” he answered shortly, taking a sip of his coffee.  I was a bit taken back by his rudeness but didn’t push it any further.

“So” I spoke awkwardly, not knowing anything about the boy. “Where did you move from?” I asked, trying to break the awkward silence. The tension so think you could cut it with a knife.