Part 17 - February 13th 1969 (cont'd)

Start from the beginning

Well," he replied, a huge grin on his face, "I'd have thought that after this afternoon, you'd have no energy left for more love making?"

"I am tired, that's true" said Lucy softly, "But the problem is making love with you is rather addictive Paul. It seems that the more I have it, the more I want it!" She shrugged her shoulders, her head on one side as she flirted with him, "I ASSUMED that as your new fiancée, it's important that you gave me what I need?"

"You may have a point." Paul sat up then faced her. "Well since you asked so nicely." Without warning he pushed Lucy onto her back and began to kiss her passionately.

Afterwards Lucy fell asleep almost instantly. Paul snuggled up to her after visiting the bathroom and wrapped his arms around her. He thought about the day and how magical it had been. He'd suggest visiting his dad soon, he thought to himself. He couldn't wait to tell him the news! And with happy thoughts going around his head, Paul fell asleep with her.

Paul awoke first and left Lucy sleeping. He wandered into his music room and played the piano softly, an idea for a song growing in his mind. He wondered if Lucy knew that it was February 14th that morning...Valentines Day. He had originally planned to propose today he remembered. He grinned, thinking how important yesterday had been. He had a card waiting for Lucy, plus a small gift. Smiling to himself, he continued to sing and play.

"Morning Paul love."

Paul turned to find a dressing gown clad Lucy with very tousled hair stood in the doorway.

"Hello baby! Sleep well?"

Lucy nodded. Paul patted the piano stool next to him. Lucy walked over and sat beside him.

"What were you playing?" she asked, "It sounded very pretty."

"It's an idea for a song I came up with when I was thinking about you and me yesterday."

Really? Can I hear it?"

"It's not quite finished yet."

"Oh please Paul?"

"OK." He kissed her softly. He began to play and sing.

"You know how much I love you.

You know how much that's true.

I have waited a lonely lifetime

To find someone like you.

And from the moment I saw you.

Before I even knew your name.

No one else could matter

I could never feel the same.

Because I love you forever and forever.

I love you with all my heart.

I love you whenever we're together

I love you when we're apart."

He stopped and grinned at her. "See, I told you it was only a first go. The tunes there but the words still need work!"

Lucy leaned over and kissed him. "I thought it was beautiful! Fancy me inspiring a song!"

"The first of many Lucy my darling, it will be the first of many!" He kissed her back then picked up the card from the top of the piano. "This is for you sweetheart. Happy Valentine's Day."

Lucy looked astonished! "Thank you." She blushed. "Your card and gift are at my house Paul. I never thought to pick them up...after all the excitement yesterday! I'm sorry!"

"It doesn't matter!" Paul hugged her, "You can give it me later!"

"Do you want to save this for later then?" She offered him her card.

"No! Open it now! Go on!"

Smiling, Lucy opened the envelope. Inside was a card but it felt strangely heavy. She opened the card to read what was inside when something fell from it and landed on her lap. She picked it up.

"Paul!" It was a huge, heavy gold locket and a thick gold chain. "This is too much!"

"No, I bought something special for my fiancée. It's allowed!" He hugged her, "Open it. Press that here." Paul pointed to a small catch. Lucy pressed it and the locket opened, revealing a picture of her with Paul on one side.

"It's beautiful! Oh Paul, thank you!" She reached up and kissed him.

Paul grinned at her and pressed his forehead against hers. "I thought a picture of our first baby could go on the other side of the locket Lucy. What do you think?" He burst out laughing at Lucy's shocked expression!