Her Wish

A day that both Tsuna and Kat had highly anticipated for had finally arrived.

15th of August.

Kat's birthday.

And for the first time in months, the Sawada household was filled with much laughter and joy.

Upon hearing about the special day, the guardians had all assembled at Tsuna's house, decorating as they chatted away merrily. The portrayed scene reflected on the bright and cheery weather that day.

And yet, a certain brunet was upstairs in his room. The dimming pacifier absorbing his precious flames.

It had lost a portion of its orange glow now.

Tsuna's breaths were irregular as he coughed softly.

I... don't have much time left, huh?

....

But I will hold on if it's for Kat.

It had become a routine now.

Wake up. Feed pacifier. Contemplate life. Think about Kat. Eat breakfast. Start the day. Get through it. End the day.

Tsuna had realised for a long time now that he had been slipping away from everyone's minds.

Including Nana. His own mother.

It had become so bad that sometimes Nana would forget to cook his meals. He didn't blame her though, of course.

He hardly saw her nowadays due to her new job and he supposed it was partly also due to him never coming downstairs to eat his meals with everyone anymore.

After all, at least one of his guardians would be at the table each day and Tsuna was a coward who dared not face them and their wrath.

Enhancing his sense of hearing, the brunet listened to the lively chatters of his guardians in the crisp morning air.

"Did you see my new uniform, Kat-nee?"

Oh... It's Lambo...

He's starting school soon...

"Kat-chan!" A hearty laugh. "Would you like to go with me and Haya-chan to play the new arcade game?"

"Don't call me that, Baseball-Freak!"

...Gokudera... Yamamoto...

I miss playing video games with you guys...

But despite the raging emotions from within him, Tsuna smiled, albeit it being strained. He tried to convince himself.

But this way they won't hurt as much when I go...

He knew that even if he held on, desperately clinging onto every string of life to keep him here, he'd only have till a few days after his birthday.

Even Pr-...Giotto had told him so.

The first generation would visit Tsuna in his dreams and they acted more like his brothers than ancestors nowadays.

The door suddenly slammed open.

The father of Satan himself, Reborn, stood at the entrance. There was nothing written on his face. No emotions, no lingering thoughts not even that sadistic glint that usually twinkled in his onyx eyes.

Tsuna panicked, but managed to quickly hide the cold pacifier in his pocket.

"Dame-Tsuna. Downstairs. Now."

Eh? But why?

He gave his tutor a blank stare.

Reborn loaded his gun, clicking it ominously just as Tsuna scurried downstairs, completely fearing for his life.