~16~Change of Minds~

Začít od začátku

After some time Manik started to move and Nandini immediately took her hand away from his head and her other hand was still in his grip.

Manik looked up to see that Nandini and woken up and he had bright smile on his face. "Nandini your awake, why didn't you wake me up earlier. Wait here I will go call the doctor to come here" with that Manik ran out to call the doctor.

Outside Manik told Cabir that Nandini is awake and Cabir made a move inside to see his sister. Nandini looked to the door hearing the clicking sound and saw Cabir standing at the door.

"Cabir bhai" Nandini whispered not having enough strength to talk. "Agli bar aisa kiya to main tumhe main tumhe..........." he told to her sternly and was searching for a punishment.

Nandini looked at her brother and saw the fear of losing her in his eyes rather than the anger which he was just showing through his words. She knew that he must have cried seeing her like this cause he loved her so much.

"If you do like this Nandini again then I swear I will stop you from eating all chocolates and won't even buy you your midnight ice creams" he said and Nandini smiled at him.

"Really bhai, you would stop me.......your lovely and only sister from all these" she asked making puppy dog face. Cabir immediately melted and hugged her tight cause this he wanted to assure himself that his little sister was safe.

With that hug they were disturbed cause Manik came in with the doctor who had come to check on Nandini. "So Nandini I see that your awake, so now how do you feel" asked the doctor taking het wrist to check her pulse.

"I am fine doctor, a little weakness I guess and some pain in my hands and legs" she said. "The pain will be there for sometime cause your hands have slight burns due to the bursting of the cracker and you leg is sprained due to the sudden jump" said the doctor.

"Otherwise I guess you are fit and fine to go home today evening, and you should take proper rest and good food if you want to heal early" the doctor said and left from there giving a smile to Nandini.

"Bhai where are the others" asked Nandini to Cabir. "They all are at home Nandini, I'll go and give a call to all saying that your awake" said Cabir and made his way outside to call everyone.

Manik and Nandini were all silent after Cabir left the room. Manik wanted to be next to her and ask her many questions but he didn't know where to start.

Suddenly Nandini winced in pain and Manik immediately rushed to her side "What happened Nandini, is it paining some where and why did you move to the side" he asked her making her comfortable on the bed again.

"I wanted some water, my throat feels dry" she said in a low voice. "Why can't you ask me then, am I not visible yo your eyes" he said with a little raised voice.

"I am sorry Manik" she said still looking at her lap. Manik's eyes softened looking at her and he immediately pulled her in his bone crushing embrace.

Nandini was first stunned at his sudden move but it felt all right and his warm arms enveloping her provided the comfort which she so much wanted now.

Manik was so much contented to have her in his arms and he rested his chin on her head. He then broke from the hug and gave her the glass of water which was kept on the table.

She took the glass in both hands to have a steady hold and drank from it. Manik stood up from the bed to give her some space. After she had finished the water he took the glass from her and kept it on the table.

"How do you feel now Nandini, do you feel any pain. If so tell me cause I can tell the doctor if you want" he said with care and concerns in his eyes.

"No Manik, I am absolutely fine.........there is no pain or whatsoever" she said and smiled at him. Manik also smiled back and felt relieved that she doesn't have any pain.

Cabir came in to the ward as soon as he finished his last call to Dhruv and Aliya informing the Nandini is awake.

"Nandini, everyone is coming to meet you" said Cabir. "Offo Bhai, why did you tell everyone that I am awake now everyone will come and scold me for pulling such a stunt" said Nandini with a sigh.

"You should listen to them Nandini cause you scared us all to death" said Manik. "Manik listen, maine bol diya naa ki I am sorry, mujhse galthi ho gayi. Dobara aisa nahi karungi, I am sorry" she said holding her ears in a cute way.

Cabir smiled cause he knew that Manik was just acting to be firm and angry. "Bhai your laughing, you don't even love me right" Nandini said making a pout and turned her face.

"Arey Nandini Manik was just playing with you, he is not at all angry see that dumbo is laughing, my princess" said Cabir. Nandini looked at Manik to see him smiling.

Nandini widened her eyes and her mouth opened and closed to put some words but none came out. Manik and Cabir both laughed out loud seeing her like that. And this move had made Nandini very angry.

She immediately threw two pillows on the bed, first one at Manik and the other at Cabir. "Manik your so mean, baad mein jaye mere sorry and Bhai your laughing at my expense" she shouted and crossed her arms in her chest.

"Okay okay Nandini, we are both very sorry. We shouldn't not have played such a game with you" Cabir said both of them raising their hands in surrender. "No, I am not talking with both of you go out now. And both of you don't show me your face until everyone else comes" said Nandini sternly pointing her finger at the door.

With that both Manik and Cabir came out of the ward and sat on the chairs. "Now what would happen Manik" asked Cabir who was slightly scared of the aftermath of their little skit they just did inside.

"Nothing much Cabir, Dad aur Appa do char mar denge. Sab ladiyan hum dono par hasegi, especially your little sister. Abhi hum dono ko kachcha chaba dega. Maa aur Amma hum dono ko dekhkar thodha feel karenge phir vo dono aakar hamare khan kichenge aur in the end hamare sabse achche dosth hame aakar dantenge, that's it" said Manik all in a flow and closed his eyes stretching himself on the chair.

Cabir looked at him in pure shock. Manik also looked at Cabir and both of the bursted into fits of laughter holding their stomach and were unable to control their laughter.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

2540 words.

Hey guys, wishing all my lovely readers a Merry Christmas. I hope this Christmas brings in a lot of happiness to all of you and your family too. So here is the next chapter on Christmas........

I hope you all liked this chapter and are happy now and are not sad with the turn of events.

Now what will the boss do to spoil Manik and Nandini's little blooming happiness?

Will Manik and Nandini survive the fight together or will this break them apart?

Will Nandini slowly fall in love with Manik?

What is the next step in their life now after this incident?

To know more keep reading this book.

Yours
Bella.............😘😘😘😘😘