I

He could swim faster than the others at the training grounds, but would you expect anything less from the King's son?

He was the heir to the throne in his underwater kingdom. He was the spitting image of strength and the royal bloodline. With his long dark hair, and dark blue tail to match. He had one fatal flaw in the end. He was arrogant and impatience. He didn't fill his roll as a prince.

He would much rather spend his time playing with the creatures of the ocean. But now his father has gotten him to focus his energy on this training. His skill with trident was unmatched. He was also very skilled with other weapons such as the spear and bow.

"Malin! Focus on your teachings." Called the instructor.

He was losing to his sparing partner. Malin started to swim in a circle around his opponent. Confused, his partner stabbed at nothing. But arrogance got to him. He started to lose focus again. Because of this he was hit, and lost the match. In his anger Malin, threw down his trident. Then continued out the training arena. The instructor grabed him.

"Malin get back there and train." Said the instructor.

"No. I will not train anymore today." Malin replied.

"What would your father say if he knew that you were leaving."

"He has nothing to do with this." Malin violently pulled away from his teacher.

He swam to the farthest reaches of the kingdom, just as he has done since he was a child. No one in the kingdom has been past this point in many years. Going any farther was forbidden.

Today was different.

This day he would travel beyond the barrier that was forbidden. He has always been curious of as to what's beyond, what he could see. But today it was as if something has feed his curiosity. He took one look back at the castle.

I won't be gone for too long. Malin thought. I just want to see the shores maybe. With that Malin was off.

He started off slowly after he just passed the boarder. Malin was seeing things he'd only heard stories of. He swam up to the surface. This would be the first time he'd seen the sun with his bare eyes and not through the rifts of the water.

Malin had seen it threw the water, but it was obscured. As he approached the surface he felt the heat. This was nothing new to him he had been close before. But then again this was different, it was liberating. Today he finally was able to go as far as he wanted.

When he broke from the water, the sensation filled him. The light, the warmth, the sounds of everything he's never know. It was all new, and fresh. He heard the voices of people. He turned to where the noise was coming from. Malin saw a huge object float across the water. He ducked under the water. It was fantastic. Malin had never seen something so unusual. He started to follow it. Not once thinking about the kingdom and his father.

Where is this going to take me? He thought.