Christmas Party

Finally an update for this book!

333:::333:::333:::333:::333:::333::

          "This is the ugliest effing sweater," Ryan scoffed picking at the material on his body. "Well it is an ugly Christmas sweater party Ryan," Brendon sighed at his boyfriend's complaining. "Yeah ok," Ryan rolled his eyes as they both left to their friend's Pete's for the party.

          As they both got into the car Ryan blasted the Christmas music the whole way there. Brendon didn't mind since he was used to Ryan doing this all month long. Ryan would hum along to the various cheerful songs as Brendon drove. They arrived to find many cars parked in the yard and Christmas music blasting through the house. "That's Pete for you," Brendon chuckled getting out of the car followed by Ryan.

         They were both intrigued by the Christmas decorations scattered around the house and the overall cheerful feeling. Ryan's eyes almost melted at the sight of the dessert table. As he and Brendon walked inside he stuffed a few small treats in his pocket and hand for later. Ryan shoved a few cake pops and cookies in his mouth as they made their way to the living room.

      Brendon turned to see Ryan having about two cake pops and trying to still shove a cookie into his mouth. "Jesus Christ Ryan, didn't have enough to eat at home?" Brendon smirked at him. Ryan scoffed at him only to have crumbs fly out of his mouth. Brendon shook his head and grabbed onto Ryan's free hand and led them to the living room. Pete, Patrick, and several other people were sitting on the couch drinking egg nog. "Brendon, Ryan! Glad you guys could make it! Love the sweaters," Pete greeted them gesturing to them to sit down. They both sat together and enjoyed the conversations and laughs. All while Ryan was still shoving Christmas treats in his mouth.

       Ryan got up after awhile to get more desserts from the buffet of sweets. He fixed his baggy sweater which was so ugly in his perspective. Brendon picked out their sweaters and practically begged Ryan to wear his so he was. It had a llama on it that said Fleece Navidad with white fur for the llama. He felt a touch on his shoulder on his shoulder and he jumped. "Oh hey Pat," Ryan greeted the shorter man.

       "Hey Ryan I saw you hanging out by yourself so I figured you could use some company," Patrick explained to him. Ryan smiled at his friend who was always so nice and considerate. "Thanks Patrick," Ryan appreciated his friend's company while they both munched on more Christmas treats. "So how's the party for you?" Patrick asked stuffing a pastry in his mouth. "It's fun, these desserts are just too good to stop eating them," Ryan chuckled along with Patrick. "Yeah I agree with that statement," Patrick replied.

         "Oh I think they are doing secret Santa wanna check it out?" Patrick asked pushing his glasses up his nose. Ryan nodded leaving the dessert to hear the presents being ripped apart. "Ho ho ho hold up everyone let's be orderly about this," Pete exclaimed trying to calm the chaos. Everyone went one by one delivering presents to their respected person. Ryan received a present from Pete and was excited to open it. Ryan waited patiently as everyone would open their present when it was their turn. Once it was Ryan's turn he opened it rapidly like an actual kid on Christmas.

He tore the wrapper to a little box. He opened the box to pull out a scarf and a Beatles record. He also found a little bag full of little Christmas desserts. He smiled widely as he looked at his gifts. "Thanks Pete it's awesome," Ryan thanked his friend who gave him a cheesy smile back. Brendon opened his next and he picked up The Book of Mormon. He stared blank faced at it while onlooking everyone's faces. "What the fuck guys," Brendon groaned as everyone roared into laughter. "It was just a joke Bren, here is your real gift," Patrick laughed handing him a boxed gift. Brendon frown turned upside down when he opened his gift. It was a toy drone that seemed really expensive. "Ah thanks Pat you didn't have to," Brendon laughed looking at the drone. "It's no problem Merry Christmas," Patrick replied.

      It was all fun and games, then Gerard opened his gift. "It's for the hamster I'm going to buy," he exclaimed while holding up a pink hamster play set. :^)
      (K I don't know why people are trying to refer to this as the hat fix but it isn't! Smh c'mon have you not seen that one video of Gee getting a hamster playset for Christmas?)

       Everyone laughed while helping Pete and Patrick pick up the left over scraps of wrapping. Soon after everyone started leaving to depart for the night. Ryan and Brendon stayed after to help Pete and Patrick pick up the party. Ryan helped pick up the food or probably just eating it all.

        "Great party guys can't wait for New Years," Brendon exclaimed. "New Years is at your guy's place bud," Pete said while pointing a finger at Brendon. Ryan smiled at that fact and couldn't wait for that party to come along. As all four of them picked up trash while listening to Christmas music they all found themselves complete with cleaning everything up. Brendon came up to Ryan and tapped his shoulder. "How was the party for you?" Brendon asked him. "Delicious," Ryan laughed.

        "Hey look what you guys are standing under," Pete yelped. The couple looked up to find the mistletoe. "Cliché much?" Brendon smirked looking at Ryan. Ryan smiled back and shrugged his shoulders. Not long after that the couple embraced each other and connected their lips in a soft kiss.

      Patrick and Pete clapped along with grins on their faces. Brendon and pulled Ryan closed to his side as they faced their friends again. "I guess we should get going now, thanks for the awesome party guys," Brendon thanked. "No problem but remember, New Years at your place," Pete reminded him. "On it," Ryan spoke up.

        Patrick and Pete walked the couple to the door and waved to them goodbye. Brendon and Ryan got into their car to drive back. It was a quick drive home and they both got out to get into bed. Brendon was brushing his teeth as Ryan was staring out the window. His eyes widened when he saw white snow falling. "Brendon! It's snowing," Ryan exclaimed. He ran to the bathroom and ushered Brendon out. Brendon tried to keep up with Ryan who was tugging on him to follow him. They made it out to their porch and sat on two chairs outside. They watched as the beautiful white flurries were falling from the sky and covering the ground.

        Ryan rested his head on Brendon's shoulder as they watched on. The beautiful scene of the neighbor's glittery Christmas lights and the snow corresponding perfectly to the festive season. Brendon wrapped an arm around Ryan's side as they continued spectating the wonderful view. "This is going to be a great Christmas," Ryan whispered. "I think it will be too," Brendon smiled.

000•••000•••000•••000•••000•••

        Dang that was eh...found it quite cliche but I wanted to write a fluffy Christmas story. Hope you all are having fun on this joyful holiday and if you celebrate anything I still wish you happy holidays!

       And with the co-author thing I'm sorry if you have PMed me and I didn't respond I was really busy and I don't get notifications for that. I'll be PMing people back who are interested though so stay tuned for that. And I may not update in a couple of days I have midterms that I need to focus on before I write any more stories.

     K bye 👋

~Hayden🖤