imagine 1.

i woke up and felt a cold sensation on my thigh. i jumped and kicked the sheets off my bed, eyes wide and alert. i looked to my right and there he was, dale. his sockets dark and his bones dazzling in the moonlight.

"hey y/n." his raspy voice whispered. my breath hitched and i forced a smile, still a bit frightened from my waking.

"hi daley." i whispered. he sat up, his boney fingers stripped of the skin and any sign of humanity were placed on my knee.

"did i scare you?" he asked me. i nodded, running my fingers through my hair and throwing it over the side. his eye sockets turned sad and i shrugged. "i'm sorry." he apologized, sincere and laced with concern.

"it's okay daley." i assured him.

~time skip xD~

he nuzzled his cold skull against my warm skin. "how long have you been like this?" i whisper, letting my curiosity take over.

"like what?" he asks. he knows what i meant, but he wants me to say it. we stand alone in a forest, surrounded by cold air and intensity hanging in the atmosphere.

"like what?" he repeats. i look down, my lips apart and i step back. he walks to me, placing his lips against my ear and whispering "say it."

"say what?"

"say it, y/n." he growls. he's suddenly mad and i don't know what i did wrong.

"daley-"

"say it!" he shouts, the wind blows strongly and he tumbles over. the sound of bone hitting bone is all to be heard. he groans as he slowly stands up, moving his fingers.

"a skeleton! how long have you been a skeleton!" i shout, balling up my fists and placing them at my sides. my yellow sweater and blue pants clash, and all you can see is pale skin hidden under heavy material from urban outfitters with knuckles turning as white as daley's skull.

and as soon as the words left my mouth, they hung in the air and his jaw collasped. literally.

he bent down to pick it up, but having his arm fall to the ground next. second by second, he started falling apart and i rushed to his side but i was too late.

"bye y/n." was one of the last things i heard from dale. he reached out to touch my cheek and his cold bones felt so delicate against my porcelain skin; and i never felt so alive, falling in love with someone so dead.

"i'll see you again. when you're buried underground, we'll be holding bones. together. forever." and he fell apart, falling into the dirt and disappearing.

i felt a tentacle creep up from my leg and before i could react i was swept away; coming face to face with a white mask and black suit 8 feet in the air.

"slender!"