• 12 • Understanding The Misunderstood • 12 •

Before the game started, the Vixens performed and as much as Clarissa felt uncomfortable and confused and above all - lost, she did it

Before the game started, the Vixens performed and as much as Clarissa felt uncomfortable and confused and above all - lost, she did it. Swaying and beating to the music, the Pussycats played - in the crowd Clarissa could see the supporting friend and brother that was Victor Lodge as he smiled supporting herself and Veronica more so Veronica than her.

After dancing, Cheryl and Clarissa sway and walk their way up to the stage singing with the Pussycats. "Sugar, oh honey, honey - you're my candy girl and you got me wanting you..."

Clarissa and Cheryl smile singing the old but good song as they sang with the pussycats - all was fun and laughter. Until the two look to the football players, that's how Jughead truly saw the brokenness in Clarissa snap along with Cheryl.

As Archie Andrews running out onto in Jason's same jersey, the number and all - the flashing memory of Jason running instead flashed before both girls, tears no longer bridging their eyes. Tears streamed down Clarissa's face and Cheryl's eyes watered.

With gasps leaving their mouths, both girls ran off into opposite directions causing everyone to wonder what had happen to the Blossom Sisters. Veronica Lodge left as quickly as she could to run after Cheryl as Victor Lodge chases after Clarissa - Jughead watched with envy as he did so.

Clarissa deserved someone - fancy, rich and good looking like him if only he could know what's going through her mind when she was around him. He looks off walking away quickly following them as his heart and mind was concern for the distressed Blossom.

Clarissa ran and ran until she made it to the art room which connected outside as there were times where they sit outside and draw landscapes. She bursts into there and see all the canvases - she sees her old one in the corner and near all the blooming flowers.

Walking over she sits on her stool, she looked at the canvas - white and plain, no colors or anything. It was boring and dull, like her life now without her art - even her inspiration was missing.

• • • • •

Victor soon sees the distressed Clarissa staring off into the blank canvas, Jughead shows close behind - Victor looks at him. "What are you doing here?" He asks more rude than he intended.

"To look at all the blank dead canvases," he answers back sarcastically as Victor glares," I'm kidding, wow you Lodges have no sense  of sarcastic humor- I'm here to comfort Clary."

"That's why I'm here," Says Victor protective over her, Jughead grew envious deep down at the fact this dude thought he controlled what she did - once a Lodge always a Lodge, he thinks bitterly.

"Listen here Lodge, I don't know you, nor do I want to, I don't like you - I know who your father is and what he's done okay? And I don't like the fact you around my angel, she has enough as it is...."

Looking deadly in each other's eyes, both boys knew they cared deeply for the small Blossom girl. Jughead loved her, and Victor did too but he loved her in a different way than Jughead.

"I am nothing like my father."

Pissed of Jughead's choice of words of describing, Victor bumps into Jughead's shoulder forgetting about Clarissa all together as he stormed away in a fumbling attitude now. He was not happy, Jughead wasn't either.

Jughead watches Victor storm away knowing he was right. Jughead walks in and and sees Clarissa's eyes staring at the blank canvas, her fingers trailing over the soft fabric of the canvas.

"Angel?"

No answer.

"Clary?" He walks over to her slowly like she's an animal but walks to her in a quickly matter as this is the girl he loves and on the edge of another breakdown. She turns slowly at his voice almost shaken by it, her big doe eyes looked frighten.

"Juggie?" Even her voice proved she was crying and shaken by what had snapped in her like the day at Pops.

"Oh angel," Jughead was to her side but didn't get so feelings with her quickly as he gave her space. But the urge to hug her was strong.

"Angel what happen?" He was sure knew he knew what happen but he guess Clarissa needed to admit what she saw by answering him. Her tears didn't stop and that broke Juggie's heart.

"Jason, he's gone - everything just seems to gone," she cried looking to the blank canvas again - Mrs Rose promised a new art project and she was gonna paint Cheryl, Herself and Jason. It was gonna be the grandest of portraits of the three better than of the ones that photographers their parents hired to take.

Juggie wouldn't know what it felt like to lose a sibling with death but his younger sister Jellybean - he no longer got to see anymore. Her and his mom skipped town leaving him with his dad.

He looks down, some what understanding the pain. "I don't know exactly how you feel, but I know what it's like not being to see someone you love again," he says looking off, shoving his hands into his pockets looking like one of those old school douchebags trying to be "emo."

Clarissa looks over at him, curious now with Juggie's lose than her own. Tears still down her cheeks, she asks," what do you mean?"

Still refusing to look at her, he speaks," my sister Jellybean she's with my mom, she skipped town after my dad and mom fought one night - she left me with my dad and my aunt wouldn't take me in..."

Feeling empathy towards Juggie, Clarissa thinks for a minute as he continued to stare off into space. Without a second to lose, Clarissa leaned over and hugged Jughead giving his a scare as he jumped looking at her as she fully hugged him around from his side.

"Well I'm not leaving..."

The statement put a smile on his lips as he warped his arm around her shoulders. He hugged her closer to him, enjoying her in his arms as she was. This is why he loved her.

"I know Angel, I know."