•10 • Angel • 10 •

After school, Clarissa meet Jughead at Pops like planned

After school, Clarissa meet Jughead at Pops like planned. Many thoughts were going through Juggie's head. Was this a date? What was it? He walked in like always but walking into Pops knowing Clarissa would be here soon and be with him. Him. Jughead Jones son of FP Jones - leader of the South Side Serpents. But no one knew that thankfully. He kept his past and dad behind him. Though he did remember his aunt, whom he hadn't seen in years not after his mother and father split. He wondered how his auntie was doing, if she had any kids of her own yet.

"Jughead can I get ya? The usual?" Asks Pop coming out of the kitchen. He carried a tray of food to a couple who waited for their food.

"Uh sure..." He seem distracted and seemed to be waiting for someone. Pops nodded and went to go to the kitchen. He looks back as Jughead sways back and forth looking around as if looking for someone.

"Jughead? You okay son?" He asks. "Is it a girl?"

Jughead looked up, like he was just got caught for doing a crime. It was a girl and that girl was Clarissa Blossom. But he didn't want to admit to it expect for the fact almost everyone knew the feelings Jughead Jones for the youngest Blossom especially Pops and Archie. "No. It's just a friend who happens to be girl."

Pops chuckled," okay sure kid." He went to the kitchen leaving Jughead blushing. He found a booth in the corner and away from others, quite anti-social he was. He sat there fiddling with his thumbs. The bell rang and he looked up. It wasn't Clarissa sadly but it was a familiar woman he knew all too well.

"Aunt Rosie?"

The woman turned and it was Mrs Rose, the art teacher. She smiled, her raven black hair matching Jughead all too well. She made her way over and sat across from him. "Hi Juggie."

"Aunt Rose where have you been? My mom and Jellybean moved and dad - he, I," Jughead sighed, ranting bad habit. He just missed his aunt Rose, his dad was a deadbeat and his mother left him. And his aunt rose, he didn't even know where she was. She's been here the whole time.

"Jughead it's okay aunt Rose gonna help you guys but you need to stay with your father for right now okay? Stay strong my little raven." Rose smiled, Jughead smiled weakly as Rose got up and picked up her food from Pop then left as she was, walked in Clarissa.

Clarissa saw Mrs Rose and Jughead talking. And the feeling of jealousy strikes her full hearted - she walked in with pride and slides into the booth with Jughead. "What were you and Mrs Rose talking about?" She asks with secret envy.

"Nothing." Jughead didn't want to talk of his family so he avoided it. "Now what's your plan angel?" He asks as Pops walks over and gives Jughead his usual.

"Well if it isn't little Clarissa Blossom, Jughead why didn't you tell me - you had a date with little Clary here," Pops boomed and chucked, making Jughead pale and Clarissa blush. Oh boy, she thought to herself.

"It's not a date," they both say at the same time both a little too fast. Clarissa looked into Jughead's blue eyes, then looked away with a blush on her cheeks.

Pops found it all amusing with a sly smile. "Sure it's not you two, what can I get ya Clary?"

"Nothing I'm not hungry right now Pops." He nodded and left the two be. Clarissa's heart bested fast, faster than fast. It was pounding against her ribs, she was so sure Jughead could hear it. As he sat across from her at the booth, it was just the two of them. The two of them, it wasn't date was it?

"So that plan angel?" Jughead asks again, he begins to eat to hide his nerves as his crush sat here in front of him in all her beauty. Her ginger curls looking like silk and her doe face more beautiful up close.

"The plan? Uh, right. Well I know Cheryl doesn't seem the best but she can help me teach Reggie and them a lesson - they be messing with you again I promise, especially not after what I did today, I'm sorry you had to see that side of me. Ugh I'm awful person!" She throw her head into her hands, frustrated with herself. Her temper snapped and it wasn't good - it embarrassing to show she's just like her family deep down. Angry, mean people.

"Clarissa you aren't an awful person, you're just angel," Jughead grabbed Clarissa's hands and held them. Her hands were soft and tender, very small compared to his large rough ones. It was like holding a flower in his hands - she was like glass. She was fragile and already broken.

"I'm far from an angel Juggie."

"You're right, you're my angel."