• 11 • Crush • 11 •

Jughead drives Clarissa to Thorn Hill, he was kind embarrassed to be driving Clarissa Blossom - his crush, home in his old truck

Jughead drives Clarissa to Thorn Hill, he was kind embarrassed to be driving Clarissa Blossom - his crush, home in his old truck. But she didn't mind, she loved older cars with an odd passion. They stopped at the huge gates of Thorn Hill, the gate almost taunting her. She paled seeing the big black gates, her home just up the hill. It towered the town like a castle. It was dark and gloomy - no wonder no one came to her house for sleepovers or ever.

"I really had fun hanging with you, Juggie," she smiled looking to Jughead now who was already looking at her with his big blue beautiful eyes. His raven black hair covered thanks to his mysterious hat. The crown beanie interested Clarissa's attention. She liked it.

"That's go-good, I'm glad," he smiles. She giggled looking into his eyes, him looking right back into her green Oak eyes. They were like hazel oak with evergreen sparks. She was broken and he knew it. That smile she wore for everyone, that was fake - a mask. He knew it all too well. He didn't know what compelled him, maybe it was her beauty. He leaned in. And Clarissa didn't mind.

"Clarissa there you are!" Cheryl's voice ruined yet another lovely moment between him and his angel. Jughead
sighed, Clarissa was very annoyed by her sister now. Thanks for ruining my chance, she thought bitterly.

Cheryl pulled up in her car and cringed at Jughead's old pick up truck. "Bye Clarissa see ya tomorrow," Jughead said trying not to be bitter and pulls out of Thorn Hill as Cheryl watched his every step out. Or car leave at least. Clarissa waved mumbling a soft good bye then sighing looking to Cheryl.

"Really, Clarissa? Creepy Hobo?" Cheryl asked as Clarissa climbed in the car.

"He's not creepy or a Hobo, Cher. He was sweet and kind, I had fun hanging out with him," Clarissa defended herself and Juggie to her big sister. She looked out the window as they left. The only thing on her mind, was her feelings for him.

Cheryl looked at Clarissa who sat dreamily staring off into space. He was so much more than a friend to her. And Cheryl knew it now.  She sighed driving them out to the school. The same place where Juggie was heading as well.

• • • • •

They pulled up, Cheryl and Clarissa quickly made their way to the locker rooms. Betty and Veronica meet up with Clarissa shortly after Cheryl left with her minions. "You ready Clar?" Asks Betty as she leans on the lockers. But Clarissa was in her dream land and you could probably guess what she was dreaming of.

"Clar? Clary!" Yells Veronica, startling poor Clarissa. She jumps, in her bra and skirt to Veronica. She blushes quickly putting on her top.

"Sorry I was daydreaming again wasn't I?" She sighs closing her looker and turns around leaning against it. She fiddled with her skirt, a bad habit of hers was to daydream off. She bite her lip, very bad habit - her parents hated it when she stare off into space in her thoughts. It gave her freedom and they didn't like that.

But it was Jason's favorite thing about her, it made her. Her. And Cheryl got annoyed with her at first cause of it. But after some time, Cheryl loved it as much as JJ. "Yea you were, what's going through that head of yours?" Asks Betty looking up at Clarissa as she sat on the bench.

"Lots of things," she sighs covering her face with her hands.

"Like what hun?" Asks Veronica now concerned. Clarissa looks from Betty to Veronica then down.

"What do you when you start feeling this thing towards someone you barely know," she asks sitting on the bench next to Betty who stopped brushing her hair and look to Veronica who looked back at her. They both turned to Clarissa.

"Clarissa Blossom," smiles Veronica, Clarissa looks up at her with a doe-ish face. She was truly confused. "Do you have a crush?" Veronica asks sitting on the other side of her.

"What is a crush?" Asks Clarissa turning fully to Veronica. Betty had never felt more pithy to Clarissa Blossom. She had a crush on the sweet redhead Archie Andrews.

"A crush is someone you like," Says Betty, avoiding Veronica's eyes as she says this looking down at her hands which laid in her lap.

"But I like you guys, does that mean I'm crushing you guys?" Asks Clarissa confused, Veronica and Betty shared a cheerful playful laugh which confused the small redhead girl even more.

"No, it's someone you like as in your parents, they like each other- they love each other," says Veronica as she puts on her uniform.

"Is love fear?" Asks Clarissa as Veronica froze looking back to Clarissa. "My parents love me, but they also scare me. Is that love?" Asks Clarissa fiddling with her hands. No one answered her, but the two girls knew - it wasn't.

"Come on Sluts!" Cheryl called for them and they walk out. The football field lit up like a night light. Clarissa smiled, every year she enjoys walking out into the field. She dreamed of people cheering her name.

"Betty?" Clarissa asks before they go out with the girls and the game start.

"Yea?" Betty looks back, she won't lie. She had always been envious of Clarissa Blossom, who wasn't? But she saw the girl, the good person inside of her - she was just blind cause of her last name.

"Why do they call it a crush?" Asks Clarissa, she was stubborn and wanted answers.

"Because that's how you feel when they don't feel the same way in return.."