I rolled my eyes at his power play, and forcibly ignored the way his fingers dug both painfully and pleasurably into my shoulders, "Okay, fine. You win this round."

He beamed and boyish charm peeked through that made my heart stutter, "I win all rounds, sweetheart. That's the perk of being Vice."

I laughed in his face, "That's actually really funny, because I could have sworn just an hour ago you were complaining to Lumiere about how much you cared for me, how much I was torturing you," I leaned a little closer, just enough for my sly eyes to become the only objects in his line of sight, and I purred out, "How much you wanted me. Isn't that right?"

His mouth fell open to argue but when he realized I only spoke the truth, his lips snapped shut with a heavy scowl on his face. Scratching at the back of his head, he stepped away and sighed in defeat, "Yeah, okay. I'll admit, you got me on that one. How about we just call it even for now?"

"If you insist." I sang back, jeering at the look of irritation on his face.

He crossed his arms and narrowed his eyes, "You're childish."

"You're just upset because I won." I answered to which he replied with grumbles of contempt.

With his hurt ego branded across his chest in full exposure, I slid off the side of the bed to stand before him. Though he was feigning annoyance, his arms instantly came forward as if to catch me should I crumble. But my legs felt stronger, my muscles regaining vigor after having the chance to rest from my most recent nightmare. So instead of falling, I stood steady and stepped into him enough for my arms to hang loosely around his neck.

"Don't be mad." I said, leaning in because we both knew a single touch, a single kiss, would resolve his pride.

But just as our lips met, I felt legs get swept out from under me as my body lifted, flying through the air. For a mere heartbeat I was weightless, then my back hit the bed, delivering a soft landing that cushioned my decent. Dustin leaned over me, laughing at the way my mouth had fallen open in a yelp of surprise.

"Apparently all those lessons were a waste if I can catch you so easily. How many times do I have to tell you, Dimples? Don't let your guard down." He bowed forward, placing a breath of a kiss on the tip of my nose, "Even for a handsome devil like me."

My jaw slackened further, "Oh and I'm the childish one? Were you even upset?"

"Not for a second, sweetheart. Although I have to say you certainly took a shot to my self- esteem. Going for the enemy's weakness huh? That's my girl." Dustin laughed again and the very sight was beyond confusing. It brought forth such heated emotions at the gorgeous smile carved onto that flawless face, however it also brought forth petty anger at losing to Dustin. Again.

I acted on retaliation and flicked him in the forehead.

Ha! Take that.

"Ow." He chirped, standing tall while rubbing at the skin just above his eyes. I rolled onto my stomach and smiled sweetly, taunting at his own lack of preparation, but I only managed a few mocking insults before Dustin's phone started buzzing on his dresser.

His eyebrows knitted together as he read the incoming text, then his shoulders slumped with a sigh. I already knew what the look of impending dread on Dustin's face meant, I've seen him wear it day after day since the moment I arrived at the compound. But maybe I was too naive after all because despite what I knew the answer would be, I asked, "What's wrong?"

"Trust me, I'd love to stay here and be insulted all day by a beautiful girl. But I have to meet with my uncle." When I started arguing against the notion, he silenced me with a gentle laugh that broke past my assertions. He checked the clock behind him, "I'm already late."