chapter 34

Two weeks had pass since that tragic night. Mom was home every day since. Every chance she took she tried to talk to me but just as I was about to give in, I would always see her back in his arms.
Luther also tried speaking to me and surprisingly sky too. But I could see that she was doing it for him, I could see how happy she is and the hint of tease in her eyes. The school had a new reason to tease and bully me. They no longer cared that I was the school whore or that I put their Icon in jail. Some 'mystical' source had spill the beam that my mom cheated on my dad with Luther's dad. Which was gross cause Luther and I 'were' together. They didn't troubled Luther cause they simple had no interest in a shabby dressed guy who walks around with a camp bag and four eyes. But they cared enough to tease the girl who still put her self together no matter what, who still dress to impress. The girl who no longer went to the lunch room to eat and couldn't find her appetite for the last two weeks. The girl whose plump cheeks was gone and replaced with cheek bones.

I sat on the toilet like I did every lunch time for the past two weeks and waited for the lunch bell to ring.

"Dam have you seen Katelyn lately?" Lexi asked as she walked in with the cheer crew. I new crew I must admit. She had kicked off all the old members and some how made herself captain. Except Brenda, she was still there and meaner than ever before.
"Yea" Brenda laughed, "my little sister's two two can fit her with ease"

"You think she's sick?" A girl asked.

"Obviously"Lexi snapped. I could just image her rolling her eyes at the girl before checking on her nails, "I think she has a STD" Lexi said in a matter of fact.

"I don't think, I know" I heard some one chipped in. I knew that voice, sky.

"Excuse me I don't talk to quitters" Lexi said. I heard heals clinging so I knew she and the cheer team was leaving.
"You'd want to hear this tho" sky offered.
I took my phone out ready to record them. I was going to go to the principal office. I'm sick and tired of their rumors. The guidance council was actually starting to believe them especially with how I previously use to act.
"What are you getting from telling me this" Lexi asked as I heard tapping of heels.
"2 Things 1 revenge and two Luther" Sky told her.

"I don't get it but carry-on" Lexi told her.

"Katelyn Had sex with Luther's father"
What! I thought hurt and anger rise in me. Gosh childish idiots, this is how she ruins some one life? I tsked.

"So?" Lexi asked.

"Luther told me his father has HIV/AIDS and he gave it to his mother and she died when they were in england that is why they moved here"
I grasp and quickly covered my mouth.
That can't be true. Don't she realized this will ruin Luther too. What a bitter bitch.
"Oh my god" Lexi squealed. "That means Kate has it as well as her mother"

"Yup" sky said popping the P. "BTW you didn't hear it from me" sky said. I heard a few shuffling of feet and then the squeaky sound of sneakers glide across the floor.

"Hi" I heard someone said as the stall beside me open.

"Ugly witch" lexi said then the clinging of heals started leaving the room.

"Like you mada!" The girl in the stall yelled. I then realized it was grayces. She was a pretty light skin girl that was mixed with black and Indian. She was also from Jamaica and moves here just a month ago. According to her, she was not yet an American citizen but she said she was a resident. Everyone knows her as the sweet girl with a lot of sass. One moment she was kind and as soon as you look at her in a way she don't like she flipped. A lot of people loved and was scared of her.
The bell rang and I waited till she exist the bathroom for me to exist last.
By time the time school was over the HIV/AIDS news spread like wild fire. Of course the popular kids grabbed it Like the new drugs but some kids was actually getting tired and that I was happy for.

I saw Luther  and sky walking, she was hanging onto his arms, he looked sad and upset as she attempt to soothe him. He was furious and I could guess why. His father was caught up in the school whores popular drama. He saw me his face instantly soften. Sky looked over to me apologetically as she released Luther's arms and whisper to him. Smiling he pat her shoulders and began jogging over to me.
I shot her a glare as I pivoted and quickly walked off. Luther long strides shorten and slowed down before he completely stopped chasing me all together.