Follow Your Heart (August "Pinocchio" Booth Oneshot)

Story of inspiration: Thumbelina

Name: Tommelise

Storybrooke Name: Elise "Elli" Tull

(4,040 words total)

As the only flower shop in the small town of Storybrooke, Elise, or Elli as she preferred to be called, only had a few customers

As the only flower shop in the small town of Storybrooke, Elise, or Elli as she preferred to be called, only had a few customers. They were what you would call regulars, though, she supposed, everyone was a regular in any place they frequented in this town. Regina came for mourning flowers, though she was never forth coming about who they were for, Elli had been able to distinguish there were two people she mourned. Mary Margaret came for her comatose hospital patient on occasion. And, of course, Henry was the most interesting of her regulars.

He came into the store and talked with her, occasionally finding something about her gardening skills interesting and asking about them. Otherwise, he liked to open up to her and talk all about his idea that she was somehow a part of his story book. She supposed it was because he knew his mother wasn't aware of what he talked about with her and she really found no harm in listening to the boy. After all, she had been quite the imaginative one, herself, growing up. She still dreams about frogs and mice, moles and fairies. Maybe she wanted to believe she could be every bit the Thumbelina in Henry's stories but she wasn't, after all she was a perfectly average person.

She heard the chatter among the town long before Regina stormed into her store demanding answers. Henry had run off and found his mother, a woman named Emma. "Did you know?" she hissed at the girl who was startled out of her daydreaming.

"No," the woman squeaked out. "He never said anything,"

The dark haired woman stared down the blonde with pure rage. "What does Henry talk about with you?"

The blonde blinked before shrugging. "We talk about gardening more often than not. Otherwise, I usually tend to my garden in silence while he reads his books," she explained, smiling fondly at the memories. "Hardly would constitute as inspiration to run off without telling anyone."

Regina rolled her eyes, hating the hero streak she saw in the woman. No matter her size she was nothing but a pesky nuisance. The evil queen couldn't help but wish that the petite blonde was itty bitty again just so she could step on her like the bug she was.

There was a lot of uproar around town after Emma's arrival and it seemed even more so when she heard a mysterious man on a motorcycle came into town. Her first encounter with the man was a strange one. She had been watering the flowers, humming a tune she had heard once upon a dream, when he had stepped through the open white picket fence gate.

"Tommie," the man breathed out, a breath taking smile altering his facial features.