Gold Hair, No Fair (Sheriff Graham/ The Huntsman Oneshot)

Story of inspiration: Goldilocks and the Three Bears

Name: Goldilocks

Storybrooke Name: Harper Skye Goldfield

(5,008 words total)

~~~THE ENCHANTED FOREST: BEFORE THE CURSE~~~    

The blonde haired woman couldn't help the sigh that escaped her lips. She couldn't remember when things had gotten so messed up. Perhaps it was when she encountered the three bears. But no, it had to have been messed up long before that. It hurt to recount all the screwed up incidents in her life but she supposed that they all led up to this moment. In this moment Goldilocks was content even if she knew her happiness had an expiration date to it. It always did.

"What are you thinking about?" the man whom she had been laying on asked her as he played with her hair.

She smiled, moving to kiss his chest as a sweet gesture before replying to him. "Just how messed up fate can be sometimes," she told him.

"Oh?" he asked with mild interest, switching their positions so that she lay below him causing her to laugh. Even with how many times she found herself with him, she couldn't help how her body reacted to him. It's been months since she'd first met him and she still found herself blushing when he stared at her like he was. "Do you wish things were different?" he asked. It was a serious question but all she saw was how vulnerable he was being with her.

She sighed. "How could I?" she deflected. Of course she wished things were different for them. She always wished things were different for him. Who would wish that their beloved was being used to another's heart's content? God, she hated the idea of that evil queen having hold of his heart and doing with him anything she willed from him. It was disgusting. "I have you and that's all I could ever wish for."

He stared into her eyes and saw how true her words were. The Huntsman leaned down and gave his golden haired angel a loving and sensual kiss but as he was about to let things get heated he felt the seizing pain that meant the Evil Queen was demanding him back. Goldilocks' eyes saddened as she caught sight of his apparent pain though he tried to hide it from her.

"I've to go," he announced, drawing back once the pain ceased. And, just like that, their happiness had reached its expiration date. They walked together to her front door. He gave her one last parting kiss before he started to walk away. "I'll be back as soon as I can," he threw back at her from over his shoulder.

"Stay safe and come back to me!" she called back, smiling when he acknowledged her with a wave of his hand.

~~~STORYBROOKE~~~

Sheriff Graham wasn't sure what to make of the town he lived in. Yes, he had lived here for as long as he could remember and he liked the residents quite well but it just didn't hold anything too exciting for him. At work, the most exciting it ever got was when he had to book Leroy for drinking too much. When he was off duty, the most excitement he had was when the mayor would call him over to relieve some stress and he'd have to either climb through her window or wait for her at his apartment like a dog waiting for its master to come home. It made him sick sometimes, feeling like he had to listen to her every demand.

But there was something else, something he refused to admit to even himself that made this whole town even more confusingly exciting than traffic violations and casual sex with the mayor. There was a woman. It was as simple as that. He didn't know her real name and he knew he should take her into the station but he never did. It was exhilarating being around her.