Optimus POV

I ducked as Airachnid shot at me, along with the Insecticons. I shot back at them, hitting a few.

"This is quite a surprise," Airachnid said. "I would never expect a lone Autobot to go after an Energon signal, let alone you, Optimus. What ever happened to your team?"

I ignored her question and continued to fight. I shot at the femme, hitting her in the shoulder. While she was off balance, the Insecticons flew at me, each trying shoot me. I managed to shoot down a good number while Airachnid was out of the fight. As I heard her coming up behind me, I turned around, ready to fire at her, but she suddenly shot webbing at me. I was knocked off my pedes and landed on the ground, Airachnid's webbing keeping me pinned down. I tried moving my arm to try and escape, but I could barely move. I looked up and saw Airachnid coming towards me, a smirk on her face.

"Now this is definitely not how I expected the great Optimus Prime to go down," she commented, "but this works for me. At least I'll get bragging rights against Megatron."

I watched as she raised one of her spider legs. Just as she was about to bring it down, Airachnid was suddenly knocked away from me. Confused, I looked up to see (y/n), blasters smoking. I stared at her in shock.

"(y/n)?" I muttered.

She smiled at me before looking at Airachnid.

"You won't get any bragging rights, Airachnid," she said. "Not when we're done."

Airachnid growled and lunged at (y/n), but the femme knocked her away. (y/n) ran over to me and ripped the webs holding me down. She grabbed my servos and pulled me to my pedes.

"Ready to end this?" she asked.

I nodded, a small smile hiding behind my face plate. Turning my servos into blasters, (y/n) and I ran forward, shooting at the Insecticons. They circled around us, forcing (y/n) and I to move so our backs were to one another.

"So when did our spider friend show up?" (y/n) asked over her shoulder to me.

"Shortly after my arrival. We discovered one another on our way to the Energon signal."

"Sounds like fun."

(y/n) and I continued to shoot at the Insecticons, keeping them away from us as their numbers decreased.

"Get down!" (y/n) suddenly shouted.

I ducked down without question, but glanced up to see the reason as to why (y/n) shouted. My optics widened a little when I saw her fighting with Airachnid. I was about to run to her when the Insecticons continued firing at me. Growing a little annoyed, I fired at them, blasting more and more out of the sky. After several minutes, I heard a helicopter. Looking back at (y/n), I saw her firing at Airachnid as she flew away. The Insecticons quickly flew after their leader, leaving (y/n) and I alone.

The femme huffed as her blasters disappeared and she walked over to me. My blasters shifted back into my servos as my face plate retracted.

"Well, that was fun," she commented. "You good?"

"Yes. And you?"

"Perfect." She paused. "Want to try and find that Energon? Once we get it, we can bridge back to the base."

I nodded and we walked in silence, following the Energon signal. As we walked, I couldn't help but glance at (y/n). There were a few scars on her face, along with a few on her stomach. She walked with a very small limp but it was hardly noticeable. In fact, she still walked with her normal happy step. I smiled ever so slightly, knowing that we hadn't lost our (y/n).

"You're staring," she suddenly commented.

I tore my gaze away from her, looking at the ground.

"My apologies if I caused you to be uncomfortable," I said.

The sound of (y/n) laughing made me look at her in confusion.

"Always a gentleman," she chuckled.

I smiled a little at her comment.

"How are you feeling?" I asked.

"Much better now that I've had a good recharge and I've been able to move around a bit." She looked up at me. "And you? How have you been?"

"I have been well."

"Optimus." I stopped and looked down at her. (y/n) never called me by my first name. "I know you're lying."

I stared at her for a moment before sighing.

"I was worried about you. When we found you, you were losing a lot of Energon. Starscream had scratched you up a lot. I was worried you wouldn't make it."

I jumped a little when she gently took my servos.

"But you did find me, Optimus. If you hadn't, I probably would have been lost. I owe you my life." She paused. "You know why I gave myself up?" I shook my helm. "I did it because I couldn't bare to see you hurt. I was willing to give myself up if it meant I could save you."

I stared down at her in shock. I never would have guessed that (y/n) returned my feelings. I smiled at her, causing her to smile back. I bent down a small ways and softly kissed her. I felt her jump in surprise but she relaxed and melted in my arms. After several moments, we pulled back, smiling at one another.

"I love you, Optimus," (y/n) said softly.

"And I you, (y/n)."