Part Six: Feliz Navidad

Start from the beginning

Lauren took the box from her wife and stared at the box dumbly. "Camz..." she breathed out. "This is a fucking Hasselblad H5D 200MS," she paused. "Camz, a fucking Hasselblad H5D 200MS. This costs a fortune! Why did you buy this? Not that I don't love it because fuck I do! But what the hell! It costs a fortune!"

Camila laughed heartily before opening the box and handing the camera to her wife. "It's not that expensive, Lauren. Well I can't put a price on your happiness. Your reaction is priceless."

The photographer engulfed her wife in a hug for a few seconds. "Thank you so much, Camz. I really love it and appreciate it."

"I'm glad you do," the singer smiled softly. Truth be told, it was rather difficult for Camila to find this camera. She remembered Lauren constantly talking about it but she never got around to actually buying it because she found the price to be ridiculous. After searching for weeks, she stumbled upon a store that sold it and immediately snatched it up. She didn't care about the price, she just knew that the gift would've brought her wife joy.

***

Izzy had just finished opening up her last present; which was a remote control toy truck she saw and just had to get, whilst her parents sat in their matching family pyjamas and held a cup of chocolate with the tiny marshmallows in it.  

"Thank you for the presents, Mummy and Mama! I love them all and I love you too!" she got up from the floor and jumped on the sofa to sit between her parents. She placed a kissed on both of her mothers' cheeks and grabbed the cup of hot chocolate Camila gave her.

"But mija, Santa brought these gifts for you. Didn't he, Laur?"

Lauren laughed and shook her head. "She doesn't believe in Santa. She insists that it's impossible to have a reindeer with a red nose that glows."

"What if he has a terrible cold, princesa?" the brunette asked her daughter who had just gulped down her chocolate and now possessed a hot chocolate moustache.

Izzy shook her head and giggled. "No, mama! My nose doesn't glow when I have a cold!"

The young mother kinked an eyebrow and gasped at her daughter. "It doesn't? But I thought it did!"

Lauren looked on at the interaction between her wife and their daughter. It always warmed her heart when she saw the improvement in their relationship over the past few weeks that Camila had came back home. Izzy had been a lot happier now that her other mother was home, especially for the holidays. She still had some doubt that her mother would just disappear without telling her goodbye, so occasionally when both her parents were asleep, she would sneak into Camila's room just to ensure that she was still there.

A loud rapping on their front door broke the family out of their little moment. A megaphone went off and it was none other than Maggie Jauregui behind the interruption.

"THE OWNER OF THE WHITE SEDAN, YOU LEFT YOUR LIGHTS ON."

"WHAT? ARE YOU SAYING THAT I'M MAKING A LOT OF NOISE AND PEOPLE ARE TRYING TO SLEEP?!"

"YOU'RE SO OBSESSED WITH YOURSELF, MAYBE YOU SHOULD UNDRESS WITH YOURSELF."

"HI JESSICA! MERRY CHRISTMAS!! HOPE SANTA DROPPED COAL IN YOUR STOCKINGS YOU FUCKING, PUTA!"

Lauren snorted loudly but then she realised that her sister had just used a bad word, but Izzy seemed oblivious as she was already up and charged at their front door to open it for her aunt.

"HOLY SHIT YOU'RE CUTE! MY NUMBER IS 305 555 7623. CALL ME ANYTIME CUTIE."

Camila facepalmed herself, "Why did we invite her again?" She looked at her wife who laughed loudly.