Corrin bumps shoulders with me.

"What did you have in mind?" Corrin questions. I look up at him with a smile gracing my lips before contemplating on how we can spend our small bit of time together.

"Do you wanna go to the forest? We can relax and talk or something?"

"That sounds good." Corrin smiles.

"Let's go."

"I'm glad you both are back together." Corrin states after I explained Raen and I had made up. I didn't mention Raen's past to Corrin though, knowing that it was a personal matter that Raen wouldn't share to everyone.

I send a look to Corrin, knowing well that Corrin despises Raen because of how he treats me. In Corrin's eyes, to not treat an elf like the prince or princess he/she is would be a crime and would deem them unworthy of their love. I found it ridiculous but Corrin said it was the truth. Why not worship each other rather than disrespect them? He had a point.

Corrin only sends me an assuring smile before changing the topic, shifting on his seat on the forest floor as he looked up at me, I was eyeing the tree I was going to climb with a determination in my eyes and daring-ness.

"Some men and women at the kitchen were talking about you." Corrin says and I turn around with a frown.

"Yeah?" I question quietly before clearing my throat and bringing my hand up to scratch the back of my head.

"What did they say?"

"They said you were touched by a Shadow."

I mentally curse at this before giving one last longing look to the tall tree and making my way back over to sit next to Corrin. Knowing that this was something I needed to explain rather than run and hide from. Raen wasn't right when he said I only ran away from my problems.

"I guess it's true." I sigh as I sink down onto the ground. "It was an accident though."

Corrin shakes his head as a small laugh leaves his lips and I look over to him curiously.

"You've changed so much Keylin. I remember the boy that was afraid to eat his lunch at school in case Tobias and his goons would take it."

"I ate in the boys' bathrooms for a year." I state sheepishly looking down at my knees.

"Oh I'd love to see you do a number on Tobias now. If you even asked for his lunch I'd say he would pee his pants."

I chuckle at that. Remembering our encounter in the woods when I set the elves free. I wondered did they make it back to the High Peaks, either way I knew that was my last time to see him. He didn't look close to peeing his pants that time but I didn't care.

"I don't think so. It was you he was afraid of Corrin, whenever you came he looked like he pissed his pants. That was always the best moment."

"When he pissed his pants or when I came to save you?" Corrin questions in amusement and I turn to him with a smile.

"Both."

There's a comfortable silence that falls over us after that. We found ourselves reliving our memories of the past in the High Peaks a lot and it somehow grounded us. It made us remember the times before all of the shit happened. When we were kids. I still remember the day we pulled that prank on Tobias and his gang. It was one of the best days of my life.

"Sometimes I wonder will I ever go back to the High Peaks again. Will we ever see our families again?" Corrin suddenly questions thoughtfully and I turn my head to look at him now, a look of worry for my friend crossing my features. I bite my lip.