IV

"Ow!" I exclaim, my hand flying up to clutch Corrin's arm as he examines and prods at my swollen black eye. I wince at Corrins worried look.

"You're lucky he only gave you a shiner." Malakei muses from where he stands towards the entrance of the tent, pulling on his shirt before chuckling.

"He could've done a lot worse. I know I would have if you were my boy who up and left so suddenly without telling me."

"Shut up." My ears burn as I ignore his smirk. He crosses his arms over his chest and watches on almost evilly and I scowl. I suddenly flinch away from Corrin's hand once again when he prods a particular sore spot near my nose.

"Sorry." Corrin mutters before leaning back with a sigh.

"I just don't understand..if he likes you then why would he make it his mission to hurt you?"

"It's a Dry Lander thing." François interrupts waving his hand as the other holds his book steady on his lap, lounging on his bed.

"Dry Lander men are known for being territorial when it comes to the people they care about. It's a way of grabbing attention. All that testosterone, there no better than dogs when it comes to love. All that Alpha male stuff going on excetera."

Malakei frowns at that but doesn't say anything, adjusting his arms before looking back at Corrin and I.

"I don't know what that means." Corrin curls his lips and frowns up at him.

François closes his book loudly and shifts to a sitting position on the side of the bed. Looking down at us with a smirk.

"Okay children. Let's have a history lesson oui? Or maybe have a little reminiscence about the birds and the bees."

"The what now?" I turn to François with furrowed brows. My lips in a thin line.

François throws his book at me. My eyes widen as I quickly dodge it, hearing the loud clunk against Corrin's bed.

"Both of you are hopeless!" François shakes his head looking like he had given up. He turns to a smirking Malakei and points at him. Immediately the smirk leaves Malakei's face.

"Please. Explain as simply as you can. Being a Dry Lander yourself. You must know what I'm talking about. There are rules."

I frown at that and turn to Malakei.

"Rules?"

Malakei clears his throat and runs a hand around the back of his neck. Something he does when he is nervous.

"Uhm, yeah." He clears his throat again and avoids my gaze. Turning his attention squarely on François as he glares daggers into the pirate.

"I'm not doing this."

"What?! Of course you are, don't be daft. Now sit up kids. Open your ears and listen to what Malakei has to say-"

"Stop." Malakei face plants before running his hand through his hair. A sulky look coming over his features.

"One. Corrin doesn't need to know because a Dry Lander would never so much as glance once at him-"

"-Hey!"

"-And two." He glances at me now with an unreadable expression before turning to glare back at the pirate.

"Keylin doesn't need this right now. He has enough on his plate without knowing this shit."

I frown at that but realise that he does have a point. I have more to worry about than have this playing on my mind right now. In time when this is all over maybe I will understand but right now, I guess it's better not knowing.