Chapter Fifteen

Chapter Fifteen

The doctor was shocked, and frankly so was I. When we arrived back at the base, Lycus insisted I see the doctor. Barely coherent after my dream, I agreed and allowed him to carry me there. My mind was spinning, and I felt faint-unsure of what to make of the dream.

We made it to the doctor, and she took immediate action. Lycus set me on a table and Helgi peeled my shirt off. Dried blood stained my skin, but when Helgi cleaned it off

there was no wound.

An iridescent scar sat where the bullet wound had previously been, my skin pulled tight as if it had been stitched together already. The entry hole on my back, where the bullet had first struck me sported a similar scar.

“What the hell?” I ran my fingers over the scar.

“Did you do this?” I asked Lycus.

“No. You saw me bandage it this morning. That was the last time I touched it.” He was looking at my stomach, bewildered, and I realized I was laying there only in a bra.

My cheeks burnt and I swallowed the ball in my throat, but tried my best to ignore it. This wasn’t the time, and it’s not like he was looking at my chest. I needed to get over myself. It could always be worse.

Worse like maybe my dreams were more than dreams or visions. I had watched the woman heal my wound in the dream, the blue mist surrounded her hand. I didn’t even want to think about the second part of the dream and what it could mean.

Every dream I had that featured that woman held some kind of significance in what was to come. Somehow I was healed, when just hours ago I still had a gaping hole in my abdomen.

I wasn’t sure what significance the first dream held, I hadn’t thought about it since that night. The rest of the dreams had played themselves out. There was a surge of wolves who had shifted, though not as many as there were in my dream. The woman had told me to protect them, which explained the way my wolf felt about everyone who had shifted. Why she insisted on being with them during their shifts.

This last dream, held so much more significance, and if any of it was true…

I looked at Lycus, his long blonde hair falling around his shoulders, his eyebrows scrunched up as he thought over the current situation.

Lycus could be Soren.

But Soren was dead, I had seen his body.
It was unidentifiable. My mother’s voice rang in my head. I was unsure what to do with this information.

My head spun and I stood from the table.

“We should-" Helgi began.

“I need some time to myself.” I interrupted her and walked to the door. When I realized Lycus was behind me, I stopped and turned around. “No. Don’t follow me.”

“Fine, but don’t walk out there like that. Not with the way the males around here are.” He argued, taking his shirt off slowly and thrusting it towards me.

I averted my eyes quickly from his semi nakedness but accepted the shirt. He was right, if I had learned anything during my stay here, it was that the males were thirsty. Meeko claimed it went back to our primal instincts, I said it was disgusting.

I tugged his huge shirt over my head, turned around, and walked out.
                               ...

I lied in my bed for hours going over and over the information I had. It was well known that Lycus had been taken as a young teen. Soren had died at thirteen. Soren’s body was unidentifiable, but who else's body could it have been? A young male, who had been beaten until he was unrecognizable. Except there was only one male that age that was missing from our community, and it was Soren.