Part 6

ETHAN's POV

'Ethan! Wake up!'

'Hmmmmmm'

'Ethan it's already 6PM. You have been sleeping all day!'

'Mom! Its sunday! Please give me more sleep! I covered my face with my pillow

'No! Get up now! Your Dad wants to talk to you!' Mom said and she is removing my blanket and pulling my hands for me to get up.

'Urgh! You are annoying mom'

'Let's go! Up now! Up! Up!'

I know that she wouldn't stop anyway so i did get up!

'After you wash your face, go to the living room okay? Dad is waiting for you.' Mom said and she left my room

I went down as asked by mom and went straight to the living room. There I saw my dad and Mom cuddling! Tsss..these oldies need to get a room!

'Get a room you two!' I said laughing

'We are married what's wrong with this?!' Dad asked

'Nothing! Anyway, what would you want us to talk about dad?! I sat across from them

'Well your mom and I already talked about you driving yourself.'

'And?!' I asked sounding impatient

'And we decided that we will allow you to drive! But not the car you usually drive in.'

'What? Then what car will i be driving in then?' I asked angrily

Dad and Mom stood up. They are walking towards the door and he tuned back at me asking me to follow them.

We went outside the house and outside the gate.

There it is. Parked in the street.

All glossy and posh.

Is a brand new 2017 BMW X5.

Dad then turned to me and handed me a key

'Happy Birthday again, son!' Giving me his most beautiful smile while my mom is holding his hand

'Oh my God dad! Mom! You don't have to! But yes! Yes. I love it!!!!! Thank you! Thank you!'

I hugged them both. I may look like a 5 year old kid who has seen a gift left by santa on my christmas stockings but the hell I care! I am so happy!

'Can I drive it now?!' I asked mom and dad

'Of course you can. But just around the village okay? And be back by 7:30!' Dad said and he let me go

I drove around the village like what dad said and God! I am so excited! I can't wait for Marcus, Marc and Nick to see this! But no, i'll surprise them tomorrow at school instead.

It has been years i think since i went around the village but nothing has changed really. There are still a few houses. The village is pretty big but only a few are living here. So most of the people really know each other. All houses are huge! Not just big but huge! I am on the last block before i turn to the next block where our house is and since i am busy looking around i didn't notice that there was a hump. So i was quite surprised and suddenly pushed on the break!

'Woah!' I rubbed my head as it hit the ceiling of the car and while I look around to see if someone saw my stupidness, i noticed a girl in a balcony staring at nothingness!

She doesn't look familiar though.

Hmmm. Well maybe, i don't know everyone at the village after all. But no, this is Mr. Entrata's house. He didn't say he will be moving.

Mr. Entrata is a business man who probably is around his late 30s. I always see him at the club house every saturday morning playing basketball! He is good in playing so i asked him once if we can have a 1-on-1. After that game (where I won, obviously) he asked me if we can do it every saturday. I must say, i was challenged by that game and i think it is a good idea so i said yes. If he already moved, then i need to call him to see if we can still meet up some time to play.

'Hello?'

'Hi Tito Alex! Ethan here'

'Oh Ethan bakit ka napatawag?!'

'Have you moved?!' I asked

'What do you mean moved?' He sounded confused

'I mean, have you moved house?' I asked trying to be more specific

'No! Why would we? I am actually already on my way home. Why?'

'Oh that's new! It's still too early!' I teasingly said

'Yeah. Oh well, dumating ang anak ko kanina from CDO! Hindi ko nasundo kasi i need to meet a client so binilisan ko na lang para makapag dinner man lang kami bago xa maging busy sa school!'

'Ohhhh your daughter. Now i remember! Yeah, you talked about her before! So she finally moved here then huh!'

'Oo, kailangan lang pala mabroken hearted para sumama na sa amin dito sa manila eh!'

'Oh okay then! Then maybe she was the one whom i saw earlier at your balcony which is why i thought you moved!'

'Kung magandang dalaga ang nakita mo then yeah that's my daughter! Hahaha.'

'Well, i can't see her clearly. You know naman i got poor eyesight! Anyway tito, i need to go back home now! Thanks for taking my call. Bye!

'Huh? Oh cge hijo. Ingat ka. Babye!

I ended the call and went back home.