5- Are you the emperor?

Start from the beginning

He knows the girls will do anything to be the centre. Like practicing all the time and dieting.

He continues to walk around the house. It was silent in the pavilion because all of the concubines are in the hall or sleeping. But then he saw a group of young girls pluck and collect various water lotus from the pond.

They are so cute and innocent. They are playing around and laughing with each other. It makes the emperor smiles.

"What are you doing?" The emperor asked from behind. "Do you know that plucking lotus is prohibited?"

The girls are so shocked that one of them fall to the pond.

"Are you okay?" The emperor feels sorry and lend his hand.

But the five girls only stare at him. Are they afraid? Well, a small mistake will make your life at stake. He knows it but is he really that scary?

"Emm.. who are you?" A shaken voice asked.

"Gu meimei can not touch random guys, please be considerate ." Another one answer but she never looks at him.

Oh right, they don't know how the emperor looks like! He just laughed at his stupidity.

"Maybe I should have introduced myself, I am the dragon." He tries to be humble but he can't simply just say his name to those concubines.

Now their eyes are more shocked and terrified. They quickly do a full bow and asking for forgiveness.

"This servant did a terrible mistake, please spare our lives." Their body are shaking in fear.

"Okay, okay you can get up now."

"Is there anything that Nubi* can help?" Finally a girl break the ice.

"Hmmm... this emperor is bored right now, do you want to accompany the dragon?"

If eyes could pop out maybe they won't have any eyes right now.

"Is that a no?" The emperor ask again.

"We would be more than grateful to accompany your majesty."

"Good, Gu Xiao Jie** you can change your hanfu first."

Never in their dream they would imagine to walk with the emperor. The heaven are being too good towards them.

"Why aren't you practice for the celebration?" The emperor ask.

"Nubi is not good enough to perform the dance, that's why we are cut from the line up." A girl who act like a tour guide answers.

Because this is the first time for the emperor to walk around the harem, he's happy that someone explains the places to him. Also the house is very big and complicated to understand. There are shared house for 6th and 5th ranked concubines, 4th ranked concubine's personal chambers, 3rd and 2nd ranked concubine's pavilions, and so on.

"So, how many concubines are there?" The emperor asks. They look at each other and told a girl to count it.

"How old are you? And tell me your names."

They are very young, only 13-15 years old. It makes him sad that they have to live such a hard life.

After 15 minutes of walk, "y-your majesty, there are a total of 375 concubines who lives in the harem house."

"Oh really?" The emperor truly shocked. 375 wives? That's insane! "You must be really good a counting aren't you?" He complimented the girl and she smiles shyly.

"Okay, is there anything that you want? This emperor will grant your wishes, just ask."

"Your majesty itself is more than enough for this lowly concubine." They said it in unison, they must have practiced it.

"Are you sure?"

"Yes your majesty" they do a full bow once again and the emperor left.

It was sure fun time with them. But he really thinks that he has too much wives.

-
"Jiejie, the emperor is so handsome!"

"Meimei's heart melts when I first saw him, meimei thinks She fall in love to a stranger at the pond."

"The emperor call me Gu xiao jie, your majesty is very down to earth!"

"The emperor is very nice and young! We are so lucky"

"True, the emperor also complimented jiejie!"

Nubi: me/ I / this servant
Xiao Jie: young miss
Jiejie: older sister
Mei Mei: younger sister

Thank you for reading! This story will be updated every week :) please vote comment and share to your friends ❤️❤️