twenty four.

"I think I want to propose to Mitchy," Scott says as he sits with Kirstie in Starbucks. It was a Friday morning. Scott and Kirstie decided that they wanted to hang out for the day since they really hadn't seen each other recently because Scott had gone to Texas while Kirstie stayed in L.A.

"You want to what?" Kirstie asks as she looks over at Scott with wide eyes. "Did you say propose?"

Scott giggles. "Yes! I want to propose to him. Mitch is the one who I want to spend the rest of my life with. He means everything to me. I'm not saying we have to get married right away because I know we're both still too young and super busy. I just want to propose," he says.

"I don't know if... Mitch is ready for that yet," Kirstie frowns.

"You think I shouldn't propose to him?" Scott pouts. "But, he's my everything."

"It's not my place. If it's something that you really want to do, then you should do it. I think you and Mitch are absolutely perfect for each other. It's just... there's a chance Mitch will say no," she says.

"I know that," Scott nods. "I know that we're still young and marriage is probably far from Mitch's mind, but that doesn't mean I can't at least try. I just want to be with him forever."

"You're so sweet," Kirstie smiles. "I'm glad you found someone who makes you happy."

"Oh no. You're not going to start getting sappy on me, are you?" Scott asks jokingly.

"Shut up, and let me be a proud mom, okay?" Kirstie pouts.

Scott giggles, and then he looks over when he hears someone call his name. "Yes?"

"H-Hi. M-My name is Layla and I-I just wanted to say th-that I'm a big f-fan," the girl says nervously. "C-Can we get a picture? I have my phone-" She pulls out her iPhone.

"Of course," Scott smiles and stands up. "Hold this?" He hands his phone to Kirstie.

"Are you sure?" Kirstie asks as she looks up at Scott worriedly.

"Of course. She's just one fan," Scott smiles and turns to the fan. "Let's take that picture, yeah?"

Scott chats with the fan for a couple of minutes before finally saying goodbye and sitting back down.

"Wow," Scott sighs and then he reaches over and grabs his phone from Kirstie. "It's been awhile since that has happened. She was really sweet though." He looks up at Kirstie and smiles.

"I just worry about you, I guess. You know, a lot has happened..."

"Kirst, there's nothing to worry about. I'm fine. A lot better than I was before,"

"But... something always happens that messes everything up, that's what I'm worried about," she says.

Scott sighs. "I can't... keep thinking like that. I'm going to drive myself crazy. Alex is finally out of my life and I'm in a relationship with someone who really cares about me. I just want to live in the moment,"

"You're right. I'm sorry," she shakes her head. "You should propose to Mitch, if you really want to."

"I really want to. Will you help me plan it? I've never done something like this before," Scott pouts.

"Neither have I," Kirstie chuckles. "But I'm sure if we put our heads together then we can come up with something really amazing. This should be a special night for the both of you."

Scott continues hanging out with Kirstie for a while. He later calls Mitch to come pick him up at the mall since he rode with Kirstie this morning and didn't want to have to have Kirstie drive him back.