six.

"Scott does have a broken ankle," the doctor informs Mitch.

Mitch hangs his head in disappointment. This is not the type of news he wanted to hear.

"Scott will have to have surgery immediately, and it will take at least six weeks to heal afterwards," she explains. "Can you explain to us how exactly he broke his ankle?"

Mitch sighs and looks up at the doctor. "We were just... messing around, like we always do. Scott was chasing me up the stairs and tripped in the hallway. I guess he was running too fast," he says.

"We can be able to do the surgery tonight..."

"Yes, please. The sooner the better," Mitch nods. "He'll be okay though?"

"Yes sir," she confirms with a nod. "He should be just fine after the surgery tonight, as long as he rests well and doesn't walk on his foot much. It's not a terrible injury but just to be safe."

"And... Scott won't be able to go on tour?" Mitch asks nervously.

"Well, I recommend he wait a few days and see how it ankle feels. When does this tour start?"

"In about a week," Mitch tells her. "But we want to start rehearsing a few days early."

"Well, he should be fine to go on tour as long as he rests at home for a few days. We'll give him pain medicine that should help ease the pain," she smiles at him. "Does Scott have any parents we should call to let them know that we're doing surgery on their son?"

Mitch scoffs. "Fuck no. His parents don't give a shit about him,"

"Oh," she blinks a few times. "Okay... we'll just get started on that surgery right away then."

"Thank you. Tell Scotty that I love him and I'll be waiting for him when surgery is done!"

"Yes. Will do, Sir. Surgery will take a couple hours so you may wait in the waiting room or come back later," she says before turning and heading back towards Scott's hospital room.

Mitch takes a deep breath before turning and walking back to the waiting room. He surprisingly feels a lot better after talking with the nurse. Scott breaking his ankle might make things more difficult for tour but they'll find a way to make things work. They always do. Mitch is just more worried about Scott right now.

"What did the nurse say?" Kevin asks when Mitch returns to the waiting room.

Mitch looks up at Kevin and smiles. "Scott is going to be just fine," he tells.

"That's wonderful. I told you that you had nothing to worry about!" Kevin grins.

Mitch deserves to go on a shopping spree to keep his mind off of Scott since the surgery would take a few hours. He felt incredibly guilty for leaving Scott at the hospital by himself but he knew that he would just drive himself crazy if he sat in that waiting room for three hours straight.

"I think I'm finished," Mitch says as he walks up to Kevin, even more bags in hanging on his arms.

"You think?" Kevin asks, raising his eyebrows as he looks at Mitch, his arms covered in bags as well.

"What? I shop when I'm nervous or stressed. You of all people should know this," Mitch says innocently.

"Believe me, I know you shop when you're nervous. It's just my arms are going to fall off if you make me carry anymore shopping bags," Kevin jokes as they start walking again. "I never knew a boy could even shop like this. What do you even buy? Do you just buy random things?"

Mitch laughs at Kevin's sudden curiosity. "I have to take you shopping one day," he says.

"That would be nice. I never really go shopping for myself," Kevin smiles.

"Okay. I'll see if I can find some time before tour starts and we'll go shopping. How's that sound?"

"Wonderful!"

When Mitch gets back to the hospital, he's relieved that Scott is doing well after surgery. He's resting now and Mitch is glad. He just wants Scott to rest as much as he can so he can get better. He already knows that Scott is going to hate not being able to get ready for tour for a few days.

After waiting for another couple hours, Scott finally wakes up.

"Mitchy?" Scott calls sleepily as he blinks a few times.

"Scott!" Mitch instantly stands up from the chair he'd been sitting in, and rushes over to Scott's side. "Fuck, are you okay? I was so worried about you!" He bends down and hugs Scott tightly.

Scott blinks a few times as he hugs Mitch back. "Wh-What's going o-on?"

Mitch pulls away from the hug and looks down at Scott. "You tripped and broke your ankle. You had to get surgery but you'll be fine. The doctor says you'll just have to rest for a few days," he explains.

"Wh-What about tour?" Scott asks as he begins to panic.

"Hey," Mitch quickly places his hand on Scott's shoulder and gently squeezes. "Don't worry. You'll still be able to go on tour as long as you rest for a few days, okay? Everything's going to be fine. Just relax."

Scott takes a deep breath and slowly lays back down on the bed. "I-I wanna go ho-home,"

"Let me get the nurse and I'll ask her if you can leave today, okay? It's okay Scotty," Mitch gently kisses Scott's forehead and then he turns and walks out of the room to go find a nurse.

Scott was able to leave once the nurse did a final check-up on Scott.

"Thank you," Scott thanks tiredly Kevin as Kevin helps him sit down comfortably on the couch. Kevin grabs one of the foot steps and then he carefully helps Scott rest his ankle on it.

"I have an ice pack in case you need it," Mitch says as he walks into the lounge.

"You guys don't need to do all of this," Scott blushes as he looks up at Mitch with a smile on his face.

"What do you mean? Of course we do, Scotty..." Mitch says as he sits next to Scott on the couch. "We care about you, and we don't want to see you in pain. You don't have to go through this alone, princess."

Scott instantly reaches over and hugs him tightly. "I love you," he whispers.

Mitch smiles as he hugs Scott back. "I love you too,"

Scott spent most of the night sitting in the lounge on the couch, resting. He's re-watching the first season of Stranger Things and he's eaten a lot of food. He was bored out of his mind.

"Look at this," Mitch says as he walks into the lounge. It's after midnight now.

"You're still up?" Scott asks, a little surprised.

"Mhm," Mitch plops down on the couch next to Scott. He smiles as he shows Scott his phone. "Look..."

Scott looks down and gasps when he sees that #GetBetterSoonScott is trending worldwide, and the hashtag is full of fans sending him 'get well soon' tweets and wishing him a speedy recovery.

"This is... This is so nice!" Scott says as he scrolls down multiple tweets.

"I tweeted that you were recovering from a nasty fall and broke your ankle. The fans started this hashtag, and it's been trending pretty much all day. See? They do care about you," Mitch says.

"Okay... you can't blame me for thinking they don't like me after what happened the last tour. I mean... you forced me off the tour and replaced me with Tori Kelly, and it was like I was never there," Scott sighs.

"I'm sorry about that, Scotty... but, they care about you and love you," Mitch says, reaching over to kiss Scott's cheek. "How does your ankle feel? Do you need your pain meds?"

"It's feeling okay. I don't need any pain meds yet but I'll take the meds before I go to sleep," Scott says.

"Okay. I just want you to get better," Mitch says. "I hate seeing you in pain."

"It's not as painful when I have you around to make me feel better," Scott smiles.

Mitch grins. "You're so sweet," he says before kissing Scott and then cuddling him.