fourteen.

Scott had been staying at Kirstie's apartment for two days, avoiding Mitch at all possible costs. He hasn't really been talking much either. Hardly any words, in fact. Which worries Kirstie.

But, Kirstie had been dying to know what happened, and why Scott had been so upset.

"So," Kirstie begins one morning as she sits with Scott on the couch. They're both drinking coffee. "I know you probably don't want to talk about it, but I'd like to know what has my best friend so upset. Of course, I'm not forcing you to talk if you want to. I totally understand."

Scott lets out a sigh and pulls out his phone, sending a message to Kirstie.

Kirstie pulls out her phone and starts reading the message.

I'd rather not talk about it but I know you want to know what happened. But, basically... when I got home after the questioning, I found Mitch in bed with another boy. He cheated on me again.

Kirstie gasps as she looks up at Scott. "No, he did not!"

Scott slowly nods and looks down at his hands. He can feel the tears forming in his eyes again.

"I am absolutely going to kill that asshole!" Kirstie yells angrily as she throws her phone down. "Why does he always have to fuck everything up? He's just as bad as Alex is except he's not actually crazy." She looks over at Scott and she frowns when she sees the tears pouring out of his eyes. "Oh no... Scotty-" She quickly scoots closer to him and pulls him into a hug. "I'm so sorry. You don't deserve any of this."

After Kirstie calms him down again, Scott goes up to his bedroom to take a shower.

Scott sighs sadly as he sits down on his bed. He grabs his phone and he sees all the messages that he has gotten from Mitch. None of them have been read because Scott just can't bring himself to look at any of them. He doesn't want to hear any of the excuses Mitch has made.

Scott sets his phone down and grabs a new pair of clothes before walking into the shower.

Scott only feels slightly better after taking a shower that Kirstie had forced him to take because he hadn't exactly showered in the two days that he's been at Kirstie's house. He thought showering would wash away all the pain that he's been feeling but it didn't work, and Scott doesn't know what to do with himself.

Scott starts walking out of his room but stops when he hears forces.

"You have to let me talk to him!"

Scott's eyes widen as soon as he realizes that the voice belongs to Mitch.

"I don't have to do shit. This is my house and I'm demanding you to leave before I call the cops!"

"Kirst, come on. We're friends, and I already told you what happened-"

Kirstie scoffs. "We were friends, and I don't believe that story for one second!"

"Well it's the fucking truth!" Mitch shouts back at her. He looks over and his eyes widen when he sees Scott suddenly standing in the doorway. "Scott-" He tries to walk in but Kirstie grabs him and shoves him out of the apartment. "Kirstie, what the fuck? Just let me talk to him!"

"I told you no, and no means no. Understood?" Kirstie snaps.

Mitch ignores her and looks over at Scott again. "Scott, baby... please? Can we talk? Let me explain-"

Scott takes a deep breath and turns around, quickly running back upstairs to his room.

"Fuck. Scott!" Mitch yells, trying to push past Kirstie again.