Chapter 9 - Worry

(Goth)

With my arms around Palette's arm, he led me as we walked around the woods for a while. I enjoyed the quiet company, because Palette was so often noisy. We strolled around the trees in the afternoon daylight, me leaning on his arm as he guided us on some path familiar to him.

All too soon it was time to leave. We enjoyed some more peaceful company on the trip home, but just like our walk it too was short-cut.

Palette parked outside of the view of my house. I sighed, reaching for the door handle. His hand grabbed my chin and pulled it to face him, pulling me into a long, soft kiss. He finally broke away, looking deep into my eyes.

"This has been the best weekend ever," I told him, "Even though I spent it with you."

"Hey," he pushed me lightly and I laughed.

"See you tomorrow, Pally," I said softly before getting out of the car.

"See you, Goth," he called after me as the door shut.

Sighing heavily, I made my way to my house. Checking my phone, I had about two minutes before Geno would be standing outside. I jogged a bit, then stopped: my legs were still too sore from the other day to move so much. Setting a brisk walk, I hurried back to the house. Before I reached the door, I tucked the locket Palette gave me under my shirt.

I was in the door and faced Geno, who had been reaching for the door handle by the time I made it in.

"Hi, Father," I said briefly before passing him.

"Hi, son," he said gruffly.

I made my way into the living room and crashed on the couch, pulling out a book to read. I heard Geno come in but didn't look at him.

"I just wanted to let you know Dad and I are heading out for dinner tonight," said in his rough voice. I nodded.

"Okay."

"Don't leave the house. Your dinner's in the oven, staying warm," he went on.

"Okay."

"Go to bed before ten. It's a school night."

"Okay."

With that, the conversation ended. I heard Geno leave and sighed, settling on the couch to read more of my book. Wish Palette were here... I thought glumly as I tried to get comfortable on the cold couch. Absently I rubbed the locket beneath my sweater, wishing I could take it out.

But I couldn't. Reaper might suspect and even know about me and Palette, but Geno most certainly did not. And he would not know, could not. His opinions about Palette were less than kind to say the absolute least, even worse than Raven's. If he knew that the boy that had sent me home in tears nearly every day for years was now my boyfriend, he'd do worse than lose his shit. He might even become murderous. Gods knew he was capable.

I could only hope he never finds out about us.

True to his request, though, I ate dinner and was in bed before nine. To be honest, I was too bored without Palette to stay up anyways.

(Palette)

The moment he left I got a bad feeling in my chest. The touch and taste of his jaw lingered on my mouth as I drove away, heading for my house. Ink and Marvul might be home, and I would ask them if this feeling was normal. It could just be me wanting Goth close, to be certain he was safe, to feel him in my arms. Or it might be something more.

Reaching my house, I was relieved to see my dads' car in the driveway. Parking behind them I rushed into the house and knocked on the door, entering the house.

"Mom? Dad?" I called, dumping my bag on the floor in the entry, "Ink? Marvul?"

"Yes, Palette?" came my dad's voice from upstairs. Marvul stood on the landing, leaning down and looking at me.

"Hey, can I talk with you guys? It's about Goth," I said, looking up.

"Yeah, we'll be right down," Marvul said, a bit confused but going back into the bedroom to get Ink.

I waited in the living room, pacing nervously. Marvul and Ink entered, looking a bit confused.

"What did you want to talk about?" Ink asked, sitting down.

"I have this feeling, about Goth..." I began and Ink gave me a smug smile.

"How did this weekend go, anyway?" he asked, "Get lucky?"

Marvul elbowed him in the ribs, glaring at him, though I could tell he was fighting a smirk as well. Ink backed down but continued smiling smugly at me.

"I feel like, I dunno, like he's in danger or something..." I sighed, "Is that just me wanting to protect him or what?"

"Maybe," Marvul said thoughtfully, "I know that whenever I was alone, without Ink, especially when we were younger, I wanted him close. But what you're describing sounds a bit more urgent."

"Should I worry?" I asked. Ink shrugged, as did Marvul.

"Let's see how this week pans out before making any decisions," Ink encouraged, standing up.

"You might have no cause to worry. You might just be missing him after the weekend," Marvul said, standing up as well.

"Now that that's covered," Ink leaned close to me, "Did you get lucky, yes or no?"

I blushed a bit and nodded. Ink whooped and Marvul rolled his eyes.

"See? I told you he could get that boy out of his shell!" Ink said triumphantly, "How long did it take?" he asked me.

"A few hours," I said, feeling a bit bolder now. Ink just grinned widely.

"That's my boy!" he clapped my back. He walked out of the living room, laughing triumphantly. Marvul just rolled his eyes again.

"I happy for you, Palette," he said, "I'm glad you found a real love and not whatever those girls were."

"Thanks, dad," I said.

Marvul gave me a slightly smug smile, then leaned forward and asked softly, "How many times did he climax?"

"Uh," I had to think. Some of it was still buried in a hazy drunk memory, "five times, over the two times we did it."

"You must be talented," he said smugly before following Ink out of the room.

With the end of that very interesting conversation, I went upstairs and crashed. I just wanted to go to sleep, since there was nothing of interest me while I was without Goth. I was also hoping that some rest might get rid of my feeling...