"Are you hungry?" He asked while setting the brush down on the nightstand.

"Yeah," I replied, I actually am pretty hungry.

"Okay you stay here, and I will bring you something," he offered.

"What? Why I can't come with you?" I retorted.

"Because it's overwhelming down there and people get excited when we receive a new member," he carefully answered.

"Okay," I sighed and then sat back down on the bed.

"I'll be back shortly, mate," he smiled and with that he sprinted out the door.

It's a good thing I'm in a good mood right now otherwise I would have blown up at him. I have to do whatever it takes to see Kyle again. Plus I needed to stay clear of people meeting me because it would be easier to escape if people didn't know I was the Alpha's mate.

The door flew open and Jace came walking in with a tray full of food in his hands. He set it down on the bed and watched me eagerly.

"Thanks," I said and then took the chocolate muffin and started nibbling on it.

"So today is the day we test how well you listen to me," Jace sighed.

"W-what," I stuttered.

"I have to take care of some business this afternoon, but I will be back before dinner," he replied.

"I have to stay in this room all afternoon," I almost shouted.

"Well yes, but listen Lucas said you and Sydney are friends and so she can come keep you company," he offered.

"Lucas is wrong," I snapped.

"What? He said you and her have been friends since you were babies," he replied.

"We were, until yesterday," I stated. I was now getting all worked up! Why in hell would Lucas tell Jace that? I mean he saw Nia and me fighting yesterday.

"Maybe you two should make up," he suggested.

"Make up?" I shouted and then BAM right then and there a brilliant idea popped right into my gorgeous head.

"Okay or not do you want Lucas to keep you company or maybe I can introduce you to some other people," Jace started stammering.

"No, you're right I should try and make up with Nia," I sighed trying to sound like I was giving in, which is something I will never do.

"Oh okay is that Sydney?" He asked.

"Yeah I started calling her Nia when we were three, and she calls me Rae Rae," I smiled remembering back to when we were little.

"Okay I'll go get her," he smiled and I think he is just happy that I stopped yelling.

"Wait!" I shouted.

"Yeah?" He asked concern taking over his face.

"Make sure it's just her I don't want Lucas in here too," I stated.

"Why?" He asked.

"Girl talk," I stated as if it were obvious.

"Oh, right of course," he agreed and then wandered out of the room.

A few minutes later Jace returned.

"Alright she will be in soon, I'll see you later mate," Jace said and it made it sound like he didn't want to leave.

He walked over and kissed me on the head. I murmured a bye and then impatiently waited for Nia.

"Hey Rae," I heard a whispered voice greet.