Chapter 11

*you stole the love that

i saved for myself.

and i watched,

you give to somebody else.

but these scars,

no longer i hide.

i found the light you

shut inside.

couldn't love me if you tried*

{Good Enough - Little Mix}

~

{Continuing on in Luke's POV}

~

"You do understand." He said in a low tone coming closer to me.

"I do." I replied quietly.

It wasn't an awkward silence but it was enough silence for other things to happen.

I took a step closer and put my forehead to his. He wrapped his arms around my neck and we both leaned in. I felt out lips touch and that sent me off. We started off slows but soon picked up the paste a bit.

My stomach was erupting with butterflies and my mind was going crazy. I didn't think this would happen so quickly and soon. His big hand was tangled in my hair as I pinned him up against my bedroom wall. Though, it wasn't a rough kiss at all. His, surprisingly soft lips, moved slowly against mine at a romantic pace. I'm so glad there's no one here to ruin this.

"Luke." He pulled away breathlessly.

"Y-yeah." I looked down at him because he was so short.

"You're an amazing kisser." He smiled and kissed me again for a few seconds before we parted.

"You too." I winked.

"You have no idea how long I've been waiting for that." He stared at me, playing with my hair.

I smiled back at his adorableness. "I could say the same. Ashton, I've really liked you for a long time now and ever since I saw you walk into that class room I couldn't get you out of my mind. You mean a lot to me and seeing you get hurt made my heart break. I never want to see you go the through that again. So please let me protect you by asking you this question. Ashton Fletcher Irwin, will you please be my boyfriend?" I say hesitantly worried about his reaction. I mean after all we did just kiss...

"Of course I'll be your boyfriend, Luke. I'd love to!" He gave me a tight hug and kissed me on the cheek. "Just promise me you won't betray my trust. I can't go through that again." His voice cracked as his hands trailed down to my shirt collar and held onto it tightly.

"What do you mean, Ash?" I held his hand as we sat down on my bed.

*

-Present Time-

*

~Ashton's POV~

"When I was about 13 I was in a relationship with this one guy. Yes, I found out I was gay pretty early on in life. And no one judged me, oddly. He was so sweet and kind, I don't know what happened to him. Everyone thought it was just a normal middle school relationship though but no, he was... Different? You know those typical "get together for like a week then break up relationships" and stuff? Yeah it wasn't like that. He was looking for a trustworthy person and so was I. Someone dedicated to commitment. It lasted until we were both 14 and that's when we broke it off. It was our 1 year anniversary and my mom finally made me realize what kind of person he was. One day he did something I never thought he would do; and that was hurt me."