"Best of luck." I shake his hand firmly before we let go. Then, he walks off. He's moving forward. A part of me is a little relieved since he reminds me of a lot of memories that I would rather not remember. Regardless of everything, I'm glad he gets to live more freely. 

"Who were you talking to?" My father asks me as he looks toward the direction Luca went.

"An old friend. Nobody important." I respond.

"If you say so," he brings me into a big hug.

"What was that for?" I say eventually.

"I can't hug my cute daughter whenever I feel like?" My father pouts a little bit before squeezing me into another hug. 

"Nevermind," I shake my head as I press my face against his chest. His hugs always make me feel better. 

"Are you okay?" We both ask at the same time. 

I give a small nod. 

"It'll get better. You have the family. You have all of us." My father whispers quietly as he pats my back. I start tearing up for no reason as he does this. 

"Thanks dad." I laugh just a little as I wipe away some of the tears accumulating in my eyelids. "You go and talk to the others. I know there are important things you need to do."

"in the end, you are the most important, kiddo." My father bends down and pecks me on my forehead. He rustles my hair, which I immediately seek to fix after he makes a mess. Then, he heads back over. 

I find a small tree with some shade and sit at the base of it. Hiding in the shadows, I just watch as people walk to and from the funeral. Some leave and some linger for a little bit more. It's a strange custom that everyone is wearing black for it just makes the funeral a lot more dark than it is. 

"May I join?" My brother Rob asks.

"Go ahead."

We sit there for a bit as we both people watch.  

"You know, Lucian is going to be sentenced to death for what he has done. The scientists and those who worked with him will either be sentenced to jail for life or get off on something lighter depending on what their crime is."

I don't react. I really don't know what to say. A part of me wants to cheer that he's being punished. Another part of me wants to look that son of the bitch in the eyes and kill him in an agonizingly slow death. 

I merely nod. 

Rob throws himself against the grass. He lays there and glances up at the sky. "I want to kill him. I want to torture him slowly and make him pay for what he has done to us, to our family." He sits up and gives me a very serious look. "Are you in?"

"In?" I am a little confused for a second since it seems weird that those words would come from his mouth.

"You and I both know I will go after him regardless." 

"I don't know." I furrow my brows in deep concentration. 

"There's a lot of holes. We don't know any details."

"I do." He responds in a steady voice. I assume that's what he was searching up then.

"We'd be betraying our own father. He's the one who is probably leading all this. This could be treason." I voice my reason.

"I don't care." My brother is unreasonable. 

"Dad is a lot more cunning than the two of us. He's going to know something is up. He would have put a lot of countermeasures into this. There's no way this is going to happen."

"Let me show you." Sky presses a button on his watch and a digital, three-dimensional interface shows up. He sifts through the files and shows me. "This is what I have planned so we can get to Lucian..."

"And how do you suppose that will work out?" My cousins Roman, Enzo, Lia, Niccolo, and Lorenzo pop out of nowhere. 

"Fucking tits." I jump up in surprise. 

"Nothing is happening, especially now." Rob sighs and leans against the tree trunk.

"You're a dumbass if you think we were going to let you waltz in and snag Lucian. This is all for Sky, isn't it?" Niccolo sighs in disappointment.

"Everyone in our family has felt the loss. Sky was our family. He was one of us. If you think we were happy about Lucian's death sentence, then you better think twice." Lorenzo seems a bit angry. 

"Hey." Lia finally talks and her commanding presence makes all of us stop talking and look at her. "You should know better. We have our code. Lucian will not go easily." 

Oh, wait what?  Did I hear that correctly?

"What do you mean?" Enzo asks. 

"Just don't do anything that you will regret. Don't act recklessly. You'll know soon." Lia sighs as if she's talking to a bunch of children. In a way, she is. 

Before we can discuss anything further, we all head back to our cars. There's supposed to be a small Family gathering after.  

In the car, I send texts to my brother as we further analyze Lia's message. 

J: There's going to be a hit, huh?

R: I assume that's what Lia's saying. 

J: Who's going to do it? Dad can't do it. 

R: Well, somebody is going to. 

J: Judging from the twins and other cuzzos reactions , it seems that Lia is the only one who knew. 

R: What if it's...mom?

J: No, that's too risky...can't...

R: Well, one of our uncles? Or maybe all three? 

J: Or none of our direct relative? 

R: Dude I don't know...

J: Let's just discuss this later...maybe we will find out more through the meeting?

R: maybe...

________

A/N

Happy holidays everyone!!! 

What'd you think?

Thank you for always patiently waiting :)

Let me know what you think. If you liked it, then hit that thumbs up hahah. 

Comment your opinions and thoughts too!!! I love reading what you have to say.

I'll try to update next week too!

Thank you again !

<3 

Love , Lystra