Chapter 3

A/N There was a family tree at the end of Chapter 2 in the Author's note! It was to clear up some confusion.

Maybe don't read this story before you read Nerd in Disguise: Blood Bound ?  There might be some spoilers in this book!

_________________________________

"This is the life." Lorenzo walks onto the deck and gazes at the sunset. "You're lucky, little cuz." He settles next to me on a reclining beach chair with a Traditional Mai Thai in his right hand. He's even decked out in swim trunks, unbuttoned Hawaiian polo, and Rayban sunglasses. 

"You look basic." I look at him from the book I'm reading. I'm wearing normal clothes with a thick blanket covering me. "The sun is setting. You don't even need your sunglasses. Plus, even though it's sunny California, winter in California is still a little bit colder than what you're wearing." 

"You need to relax. You're too serious for your own good." Niccolo sits on the other side of me. Unlike his twin, he's dressed a little bit more appropriately with his sweatshirt and..swim trunks. 

I make a noise at them before paying attention to my book. I was slightly surprised I didn't hear Niccolo coming until he sat down next to my chair. Considering Niccolo and Lorenzo seem to never be apart, I should have anticipated Niccolo to join. Well, surprisingly, they attend different universities in different states. 

"Maybe when I'm rich and famous I will buy a beach house too." Lorenzo scans the houses and watches the sunset in front of me. 

"Perhaps I'll go to grad school in California." Niccolo mulls over the thought for a minute or two. 

"Why? You've got a stable job right now." I close my book and set it aside. I doubt i'll get much reading done.

"Yeah and with the family business and all, we still don't know who's taking over." Niccolo says before looking over his shoulder.

"Roman's upstairs with Robin right now." I state so he can stop looking over his shoulder. 

"It just sucks that we can't tell him until he graduates high school." Lorenzo frowns guiltily.

"Well, that's what all our parents agreed on. We can't do much about it. At least I had Robs and Enzo. You two also had each other." I sigh as I think about how Roman feels. Roman isn't stupid. He knows there's some family secret. His situation is the worst because he's the only one left clueless in his family. Enzo and Lia already know about the Ricca history. 

I remember back when me and Rob were told. It was a mixture of multiple emotions. I would say it was mostly disbelief and shock. The family secret was revealed when we were seventeen since we had summer birthdays. I really don't know why our parents don't just tell the entire family instead of telling each one of us every time we graduate. 

"True, but there might be a chance that he gets to know a bit earlier..." Niccolo mentions.

"Wait why?" I glance at him briefly. "Does this have to do with the real reason you guys came here?"

"About that, we're not entirely sure the reason. All I know is that your parents called our dad and Leo. Dante is out of country with Celeste but they're coming in a few days. We are going to get briefed after their meeting. Until then, I only know some details and the general gist." Lorenzo replies this time. He takes out his phone and takes a picture of the sunset. Very casual.

"You're very helpful sometimes." I sigh. It's a bit difficult to get answers sometimes from anyone in the family. 

"Anyways, what's-" I'm about to say before someone comes out of the house.